Nokia Lumia 930 thoughts please

Cheesegeezer

CBers

I have my photos/videos setup to automatic upload to my onedrive, so once im on wifi they upload and I can erase them from my phone if I want. Still completely easy to access them since you just have to scroll over to albums and onedrive is right there to keep viewing them

I upload my photos etc. to OneDrive, Dropbox and Google+.

How do you get Albums in OneDrive? Or, are they created from your phone?

shaefurr

I just meant if your viewing photos on your phone in the photos app if you scroll over to albums you can see your online apps like onedrive.

This is all I was referring to.

5454ec3b89a2b_wp_ss_20141101_0001copy.pn

• Like 1

I still love my HTC One M8.

The only thing I miss is an indicator when I have a missed call or text (my phone sits on my desk most of the day as opposed to in my pocket) but coming from the iPhone, you don't have that either.

The S4 had an awesome feature related to this - not only a flashing light but, if you picked up the phone after missing a notification, it vibrated.  I do miss that even more than the light but everything else about the phone is better (except maybe the camera app).

Cheesegeezer

I still love my HTC One M8.

When you wrote m8 i thought you meant text speak for Mate!! How dozy is that.... (Facepalm)

I'll just get my coat

• Like 1

Maybe you read it already, but it seems that this phone overheats quite a lot. There are a number of reports in forums, and the 2 ones that I could touch while they were in display were indeed very hot! I had planned to buy that phone but now I am not sure anymore. Unfortunately at least here in Europe there is no obvious alternative.

Edited by Morgian

CBers

When you wrote m8 i thought you meant text speak for Mate!! How dozy is that.... (Facepalm)

I'll just get my coat

I've always called it the HTC One Mate :)

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Maybe you read it already, but it seems that this phone overheats quite a lot. There are a number of reports in forums, and the 2 ones that I could touch while they were in display were indeed very hot! I had planned to buy that phone but now I am not sure anymore. Unfortunately at least here in Europe there is no obvious alternative.

The 8 or 9 reviews i've read online never mentioned this overheating issue.

Even customer reviews haven't mentioned it.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see. ;)

shaefurr

Mine never gets hot, even when playing games for an hour or two. It gets a tad hot on the Qi charger but thats it.

Cheesegeezer

Mine never gets hot, even when playing games for an hour or two. It gets a tad hot on the Qi charger but thats it.

So that's the charger you've gone for, I was gonna ask which one you were using

Cheesegeezer

@@Cheesegeezer Check this out on AMZN:http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M6VW3KG

I'm going to build it into one of my corner shelves or make a car charger out of it !??!? Not sure which til I get it!!

Oooo now we're talking!! Got me thinking now.... Good find mate!!!

Mighthave to get out the thin fibre glass and resin and start molding something for the car!! ;)

• Like 1

Deihmos

The main problem with windows phone are the apps. I can find pretty much everything I want to use on Android but not windows phone.

techywarrior

There are a couple nice Qi car chargers you can buy you know :)

Also, windowscentral.com (formally wpcentral.com) is a really good resource for WP info and accessories (if you don't know the site already)

Edited by techywarrior
  • Like 1

techywarrior

The main problem with windows phone are the apps. I can find pretty much everything I want to use on Android but not windows phone.

Yea, that's still a problem. It's a lot better now then it was a couple years ago but there are still a few major apps missing and often new "fad" apps don't come out on WP right away, if ever.

But there are enough apps now that most people can get all they need/want. And it should only get better the more people buy into WP.

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

Thanks for the heads up techy on the sites. Well i can always go primative and actually use the cable in the phone lol

techywarrior

Pfft, cables to charge phones is soooo 2012 :P

I had my buddy use his 3d printer to make a stand so the free charger I got with my 920 now stands up right. So at night I can read the time on the phone and stuff. Works really well.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Pfft, cables to charge phones is soooo 2012 :P

I had my buddy use his 3d printer to make a stand so the free charger I got with my 920 now stands up right. So at night I can read the time on the phone and stuff. Works really well.

LOL that's quality

shaefurr

I've found that I found a replacement app for almost everything I had on my android. I know the store is still a lot more limited than googles, but so far it hasn't been an issue for me.. yet. I do like how most apps utilize onedrive for storage. Emulator for example, I can keep all the snes/nes game on my onedrive and not use tons of space on my phone.

I do miss my ocarina though, no more playing Zelda's ocarina of time :( It always annoyed the crap out of my wife lol

Edited by shaefurr

ScottIsAFool

I have my photos/videos setup to automatic upload to my onedrive, so once im on wifi they upload and I can erase them from my phone if I want. Still completely easy to access them since you just have to scroll over to albums and onedrive is right there to keep viewing them

*cough* coming soon to the WP MB app, upload to MBS *cough* :)

• Like 2

shaefurr

*cough* where is this new design you're teasing!!

Edited by shaefurr

ScottIsAFool

*cough* where is this new design you're teasing!!

I'm looking at it right now :) Looks good ;)

• Like 3