TV Meta Data Not Showing & Watched

Steverido
Go to solution Solved by Steverido,

Steverido

Hi Guys,

Finally set up the new Mediabrowser 3 and updated to  3.0.5031.21343 version. I am also using Media Centre Master to gather meta data. However since updating, my meta data is missing for TV stuff. The episode guides do not show in folders when I click on an episode. Looked to see if there is something to configure but I could not notice it either.

Also can't seem to configure the plays to work if I start play and stop on the older browser and go back at any point in the programme and exit there would be a tick to show it had played. With the new version I have to scroll to the end of the TV programme until it stops before it shows that it has played.

Hope this makes sense.

Edited by Steverido

The played functionality is working as designed.  We don't mark something played until you watch it past the max resume percent (default 90).

• Like 1

charles2515

Hi Guys,

Finally set up the new Mediabrowser 3 and updated to  3.0.5031.21343 version. I am also using Media Centre Master to gather meta data. However since updating, my meta data is missing for TV stuff. The episode guides do not show in folders when I click on an episode. Looked to see if there is something to configure but I could not notice it either.

Exactly the Same thing with me and the folder.jpg is not displayed in recently added / recently watched and all of that is only in Tv Stuff, everything in movies works fine. Also i have some TV ep that have Crazy Runtime  for example latest Arrow S02E02 shows its 384 mins ! When i get sometime tomorrow i will uninstall everything and start over to see if that helps. 

Edited by charles2515
  • Like 1

Steverido

The played functionality is working as designed.  We don't mark something played until you watch it past the max resume percent (default 90).

The TV credits are playing and if I stop at this point it does not show that it has played. I have top fast forward it to the end.

The TV credits are playing and if I stop at this point it does not show that it has played. I have top fast forward it to the end.

Are you using an external player? If so have you configured that external player correctly?

Is it a particularly short episode?  What happens if you set the max resume pct to 80 or 85?

• Like 1

The episode guides are not showing when you enter a TV series folder and then click on an episode.

Since, obviously, we cannot reproduce that particular problem, a screen shot or more information about the exact item would help us help you.

Steverido

Since, obviously, we cannot reproduce that particular problem, a screen shot or more information about the exact item would help us help you.

I will send one tomorrow thanks.

Steverido

Gone into settings and adjusted . Resolved now thanks .

Alain Falardeau

another funny thing happening since the last update... some metadata (new or renamed?) have lost the "." in their name (i.e.: backdrop5jpg) :huh: 

might be just me though?!?

Edited by Alain Falardeau

Have you followed the library structure recommended?

If you bring the item up in the web client and edit it, does it have a tvdb id associated with it?  What happens if you refresh it from there?

another funny thing happening since the last update... some metadata (new or renamed?) have lost the "." in their name (i.e.: backdrop5jpg) :huh: 

might be just me though?!?

1st - please post new issues in a new topic.

2nd - is your server update level set to "Dev"?  If so, you can expect things like this to happen.  I'd suggest either beta or release.

Alain Falardeau

1st - please post new issues in a new topic.

2nd - is your server update level set to "Dev"?  If so, you can expect things like this to happen.  I'd suggest either beta or release.

Sorry and Thanks... will do! :)

Woody1985

Hi I seem to be having a very similar problem to what is being discussed. All was working fine until the MB Server updated a few days ago.

What I find odd is my Movie folder has no problems but my TV Show folder has lost its watched history and is not reading metadata.

I am running MB Server 3.0.5044.26285

I have Metadata saved in all my TV Shows folders. I use Media Centre Master (MCM) to tweak, adjust and download all my metadata. If I load a folder with MCM all the metadata is there correctly.

I believe it is a server related issue as I have a laptop that is just a client for MB and it does not show metadata for TV shows anymore either.

I think the issue is related to the scan media library function. I do have a large collection, I am not sure if this is causing the issue.

In addition to these issues I have notice that the backgrounds do not rotate in my TV shows folder but they do for movies. Not sure if this is part of the same fault. 

Edited by Woody1985

Set your server update level to Beta or Release or you will continue to have potential problems like this.  You are running development releases.

Steverido

Have you followed the library structure recommended?

If you bring the item up in the web client and edit it, does it have a tvdb id associated with it?  What happens if you refresh it from there?

I will check over the weekend and let you know.

Thanks.

Steverido

526beb7291820_Capture1PNG.jpg526beb8d177ad_Capture2PNG.jpg526beb96c4b35_Capture3PNG.jpg Guys,

I have added some screenshots to explain what is missing. Before I pdated to mediabrowser 3 my tv series had episode information once you opened up the tv series and then clciked on episode file. The episode would be in format, for example: Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S01E03.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION. Once I refreshed the folder the guides would show, but normally they would refresh automatically. I don't have the issue with films.

Perhaps I need to change something within Pete's Media center master.

I have added screenshots to show settings and episode.

Those web client screenshots are of a collection folder and not a tv series, so they're not really helpful.

What does your folder structure look like? Can we see that?

Steverido

Those web client screenshots are of a collection folder and not a tv series, so they're not really helpful.

What does your folder structure look like? Can we see that?

I have attached folder structure for you.526c1782d5a8f_CapturePNG.jpg526c178c5c31c_Capture2PNG.jpg