Toggle OpenSubtitles during playback?

michaeltruncale

michaeltruncale

I recently saw the option in the dashboard to enable the OpenSubtitles integration and have subtitles downloaded automatically. Very cool!

Subs downloaded great. However how do you toggle them off in MBC (within WMC) and the web client during playback?

I'm watching Despicable Me 2 and the subs are there on every spoken word, however I was watching Breaking Bad on my iPhone via the web client and the subs only showed up during the Spanish speaking parts.

So how would I toggle them off? Back on? During playback?

michaeltruncale

To add more to this, I just threw Despicable Me 2 onto my ChromeCast and the subs are now not being displayed. So maybe this is an issue with WMC and MBC?

for starters, check your user preferences on the server to specify your default language preferences. that will get subtitle defaults as you wish. then, most of our apps will allow control while playing to change on the fly.

michaeltruncale

My preferences are to download them in English. How exactly would you toggle them on the fly in WMC or the web app?

pgriffith

As far as I know their is no way to do so natively from within MediaCenter. But I have a solution that works.

I use a small app called MCERemotePlus, which can be downloaded from here  http://www.headsoft.com.au/?category=mce

I had some issues with getting it to reliably work from a native MCE remote button, so I used another app to remap the teletext button on my remote to 'S' .... for subtitles  :)

The app I used is AdvancedMCERemoteMapper and can be had from here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=164252

I can now toggle subtitles on and off at will just by pressing the teletext button.

As for the web app...... no idea there, I don't really use it for playback.

Cheers, hope this helps.