Subtitles and MBT Player Error

blade005

blade005

MBS Version 3.0.5395.0

MBT Version 3.0.5413.38697

Recent updates to MBT have created playback issues for any content that includes subtitles. Most of my collection includes MKV files with embedded subtitles for English (Default flag) and for Non-English Speaking Parts (Forced flag). The playback issue also presents itself for any Recorded TV content (WTV files that normally include embedded subtitles).

The issue is that if I have Enable Subtitles turned ON in MBT settings and attempt to play a file with subtitles I get a THERE WAS AN ERROR PROCESSING REQUEST message. If I turn OFF Enable Subtitles the MBT player will start up, but the file hangs at 0 seconds. For any files that do not include subtitles, the MBT player will start up and play the file with no issues.

The last known version of MBT that played all files (Subtitled or No Subtitles) with Enable Subtitles turned on was MBT Version 3.0.5409.21314.

Log from MBT Version 3.0.5409.21314 that worked with Enable Subtitles turned ON. theater-63550177873.txt 

Log from MBT Version 3.0.5413.38697 that throws THERE WAS AN ERROR PROCESSING REQUEST  message with Enable Subtites turned ON. theater-63550183074.txt

It was suggested that I try to play files with Enable madVR turned ON. This does allow the subtitled files to play without an error message, but my system can not handle the load and the playback has stuttering, so that is not a viable solution.

Please let me know if additional information is required.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I'm also having issue. My mb3 theater version is  3.0.5417.530. I have turn on debugging log, but no error messages can be found in the log

update

It is also working for me know. I don't know what has changed.

Edited by hhb97b

blade005

MBS Version 3.0.5395.0

MBT Version 3.0.5413.38697

Recent updates to MBT have created playback issues for any content that includes subtitles. Most of my collection includes MKV files with embedded subtitles for English (Default flag) and for Non-English Speaking Parts (Forced flag). The playback issue also presents itself for any Recorded TV content (WTV files that normally include embedded subtitles).

The issue is that if I have Enable Subtitles turned ON in MBT settings and attempt to play a file with subtitles I get a THERE WAS AN ERROR PROCESSING REQUEST message. If I turn OFF Enable Subtitles the MBT player will start up, but the file hangs at 0 seconds. For any files that do not include subtitles, the MBT player will start up and play the file with no issues.

The last known version of MBT that played all files (Subtitled or No Subtitles) with Enable Subtitles turned on was MBT Version 3.0.5409.21314.

Log from MBT Version 3.0.5409.21314 that worked with Enable Subtitles turned ON. attachicon.giftheater-63550177873.txt

Log from MBT Version 3.0.5413.38697 that throws THERE WAS AN ERROR PROCESSING REQUEST  message with Enable Subtites turned ON. attachicon.giftheater-63550183074.txt

It was suggested that I try to play files with Enable madVR turned ON. This does allow the subtitled files to play without an error message, but my system can not handle the load and the playback has stuttering, so that is not a viable solution.

Please let me know if additional information is required.

Thanks.

Subtitles and MBT Player Error UPDATE:

Installed MBT Version 3.0.5417.530 and the issues reported above seem to have been resolved. Tested various files with embedded subtitles that were throwing errors before and all seem to be playing properly and subtitles are working as they should.

Many thanks for all of the hard work and effort.    

• Like 1