MBC Update Restarts System

blade005

blade005

ebr. I have two systems with MBC installed. Win7 Ultimate w/SP1 and Win7 Home Premium w/SP1. Whenever I update MBC on the Win7 Home Premimum system it restarts my system instead of Windows Media Center after the MBC update. It shuts down all services and will even interrupt WMC recordings and just reboot my system. (I don't even have the chance to restart at a later date.) I don't experience this on my Win7 Ultimate system. Any thoughts? I have looked at the MBC install logs of each system after the update and they appear identical. Attached is the MBC Install log of the system that gets restarted after an MBC update. This seems to occur whether the update is initiated from the MBC configurator or when MBC starts up in WMC and prompts you to update.

This sounds like a Windows configuration thing. I believe there is a way in Windows to disable the feature that allows you to postpone system re-starts with installations.

Our installation should not require a re-start but, maybe if that option is turned off, it isn't smart just always re-starts.

blade005

ebr. I will check, but I don't think that is the cause here. I can POSTPONE restarts after Windows Updates on this system. If I try to restart the system without shutting down a few services I am prompted and must close them manually to allow a re-start. But, with a MBC update it just hijacks the system and reboots regardless of what services or operations are being performed at the time.

Well, then I have no idea. We don't do anything that requires a re-start and I haven't heard of anyone else encountering this. Maybe there is actually a video driver error of some sort and the system is crashing and rebooting on its own. Anything in the windows event log?