Kodi Beta version discussion thread

im85288

Angelblue05

Do you have any ideas as to why we are unable to navigate to the add-on (not the settings) with XBMB3C version +0.9.703? To clarify, on my test machine, I'm using Confluence for MB3 skin. You know how you click XBMB3C to navigate to set views, MB3 folders, etc? This is what is not working anymore. 

5467cff149e88_Scriptfailed.jpg

dark_slayer

I'm also unable to enter (aka "Launch") XBMB3C from the add-on browser of any skin I've tried (can't remember how long now, but on the current .705 for sure)

I don't really use it that often, so I didn't notice until Angelblue's post above

dark_slayer

Ok, I had a further look and if I am reading the logs correctly it is failing at this line in DownloadUtils:

def __del__(self):

xbmc.log("\rURL_REQUEST_REPORT : Total Calls : " + str(self.TotalUrlCalls) + "\r" + self.TrackLog)

then for some reason the xbmc attribute is not set. If this is the correct place then it is only logging that is failing so it could easily be removed. But I will let @@xnappo and @ have a look to see what they think.

It looks like the destructor is being called after xbmc is released thus the crash. To get it up and running comment out the line and I will have a look and try to find a better way to log that info.

If this was supposed to fix the "Error:Script Failed" popup and inability to "launch" XBMB3C beta, then commenting the def__del__(self):    lines out didn't fix that for me

Also, how do you comment in python again? Semicolon? I just copied the lines over to a note and removed them altogether to test 

After running the beta add-on I'm also seeing 2x XBMB3C add-ons in programs

xnappo

When you switch between repos, you need to uninstall both the addon and the repo.

Comments are '#' in Python.

xnappo

xnappo

Someone with the inability to browse into the addon - I think we are at the end of what we can do with logs on this one.

I need someone to PM me an IP address to connect to your server with this issue.  I think it must have something to do with collection names, but can't see what in the logs.

xnappo

im85288

A new version is up 0.9.707

This includes a Huge new feature...support for Theme Videos (aka video backdrops)! Currently this is supported with the latest 1080XF skin, though it looks like it will work without any changes for AeonMQ5 and maybe others. Please test as much as possible, turning things on/off etc. It should prefer theme videos over theme songs. The fading of the volume has also been removed to get around a problem with not always setting the volume back to the original value...I preferred the fading..but this should be more robust.

Also included is a change to prevent the addon from appearing twice in the program section and the commenting out of the delete method mentioned above.

As for the error upon launching...I did get it once yesterday but not since. Please try again and post a log at level 2 if it is still occurring.

• Like 2

Small bug: Disabling theme music loop has no effect if theme video loop is enabled. If either loop is enabled, theme music loops.

Currently I don't have any theme video at hand to test if it is also true in the other direction, but might check later!

• Like 1

xnappo

I just added retry code to the beta repo.  Refresh the repo and try 0.9.708.

xnappo

[EDIT] I may have done this in the wrong place as I can't recreate this easily.  

Edited by xnappo

im85288

Small bug: Disabling theme music loop has no effect if theme video loop is enabled. If either loop is enabled, theme music loops.

Currently I don't have any theme video at hand to test if it is also true in the other direction, but might check later!

Good spot! This should be fixed in version 0.9.709

xnappo

Yikes, we are both messing about at the same time..

I just pushed 709 with your fix and another attempt at the retry code.

xnappo

LehighBri

I just tried 711 and my issue that didn't allow the addon to open is now gone (the "Tuple" exception issue I reported earlier).  Not sure what might have fixed it, but looks like I'm back in action now!

• Like 1

xnappo

Hi - no that is the version of the repo - which has skins and the addon in it.  That version won't change too often.

Uninstall the normal repo and XBMB3C and install the beta repo, then XBMB3C from there.  The version should be 0.9.712/713 - you may have to right-click/force refresh on the repo to see the new version.

Angelblue05

Version 1.0.301 is the XBMB3C beta repo. The repo contains the compatible MB3 skins, XBMB3C v.0.9.709 (now, v.0.9.712) add-on, etc. When you install the zip, you will need to navigate to Get add-ons > XBMB3C Addons > Video Add-ons > XBMB3C 0.9.712. Hope this helps @@altramarine :)

• Like 1

e123enitan

My system

1-Serever MB stable Version 3.0.5424.1

2-Client Windows 7,  Kodi 14-Beta3

3-Client Andriod 4.4, Kodi 14-Beta3

I see XBMB3C v. 9.713 window, but on the andriod it only reflect V. 9.7 any idea? why both systems have diff version even on the same Kodi.

xnappo

XBMB3C can be installed from multiple repos.  Sounds like your Windows machine has it installed from the beta repo(at 0.9.713), but your Android machine is from either the official XBMC repo, or the stable XBMB3C repo (both of which are at 0.9.7 right now).

xnappo

Xzener

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm looking for Openelec Kodi to install. I cant find it anywhere.

e123enitan

HI xnappo Just a  quick review of my system, I noticed stated below any advice?

Laptop Windows7 Pentium dual core CPU, 2.3 gh

Extremely faster 1272 movie pages loads within a blink of an eye, in/out of playing movies is responsive what have guys done it’s so Nice even with on an HEAVY weight Titan 3.1.15, thanks for this wonderful efforts I don’t have to walk wash  room while pages load LOL

Android –LAN connection- Unit Tronsmart, Kit Kat, Finless 2.0 Rom

I noticed complete opposite in performance to Windows; I am guessing it could be due to diff version of XBMB 9.7, what could be done to get same results for this baby, so wife and kids to ????? LOL

Appreciate you guys as always