Kodi Beta version discussion thread

im85288

im85288

Yeah it normally takes about half an hour from me uploading it until it is ready...should be any time soon :)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@im85288

Webclient Play To is fixed! Woot! Profile switch is also fixed! Double Woot! Awesome job!!!! I'm just super excited, everything is working now! :D

This is my first time troubleshooting for something. I normally don't get involved this much, but it was totally worth it. It was a pleasure working with you guys. Until next time, I'm off to bed....haven't slept in 24 hours trying to figure out the profile switch and other issues.  :wacko:

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

im85288

Great news, thanks for testing and investigating so deeply..it really helped in finding the problem areas quicker :)

• Like 2

Okay - interesting.  @ - did you rip out all the transcoding logic in your branch?

@@ebr - is there possibly a conflict with XBMC DNLA server and our server?

xnappo

I think that message is generated before any attempt at communications is made at all and it just means that they are trying to play a media type that is not included in the SupportedMediaTypes parameter you send when you report your capabilities to the server.

[edit]  Okay, never mind - I'm late to the party again  :)

im85288

There's a new version up 0.9.701

This one has a new caching system that should improve the performance of the addon. Please report back either way with your findings.

LehighBri

There's a new version up 0.9.701

This one has a new caching system that should improve the performance of the addon. Please report back either way with your findings.

What would be some steps to test this out?  And I have a raspberry pi... is this expected to improve performance there too?

LehighBri

The new caching system in used by default so just install the beta and you should be good to go.

It might help, that is about all I can say.

I am working on some more changes that also might help slower systems, moving all code to a module, this allows the py code to be compiled once instead of every time it is called. This is not in yet but should be by the end of the day. A new beta will need to be released when I check this in.

OK great.  I'l hold off doing further testing until some additional code updates are checked in.

im85288

Great a new version 0.9.702 is up, remember user feedback is important to improve the addon so please everyone using the Beta version report your findings. 

Cheers.

im85288

Actually, the problem seems to be related to the new server beta, as I just experienced it on my HTPC where XBMB3C version 0.9.603 is running.[/size]

Good spot, there has been no changes on our side in this area so I would be surprised if it was the addon. There was a similar problem with Music quite some time back. @@Luke - do you need server logs for this.

I am having problems with version 0.9.702.

No fanart is shown on the home screen and two error panels are shown:

"unable to connect to host" and "timed out"

I can still browse and start something, though.

This is what the log shows:

20:19:26 T:2760  NOTICE: COLLECTION actionUrl: ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary, plugin://plugin.video.xbmb3c/?mode=21&ParentId=a80eca0dbf592a901f78ce0b96c76337&Name=TV,return)
20:19:26 T:2760  NOTICE: COLLECTION actionUrl: ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary, plugin://plugin.video.xbmb3c/?mode=21&ParentId=ba8cd8b980e1d8e4df2679aae5bbf0bc&Name=Movies,return)
20:19:27 T:2760  NOTICE: COLLECTION actionUrl: ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary, plugin://plugin.video.xbmb3c/?mode=21&ParentId=cbaaf9d701cb3598cb8e94d3795a314f&Name=Animation,return)
20:19:27 T:2760  NOTICE: COLLECTION actionUrl: ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary, plugin://plugin.video.xbmb3c/?mode=21&ParentId=5a52c9c4c5b4219cff86ce265eccc5c6&Name=Classics,return)
20:19:27 T:2760  NOTICE: COLLECTION actionUrl: ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary, plugin://plugin.video.xbmb3c/?mode=21&ParentId=bbd9ab868d3e5f510d0d79e18292ad2c&Name=Christmas,return)
20:19:27 T:2760  NOTICE: COLLECTION actionUrl: ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary, plugin://plugin.video.xbmb3c/?mode=21&ParentId=ab6cefd6f7ef05802d32e129633e8a5a&Name=Music,return)
20:19:43 T:2288  NOTICE: Unable to connect to 192.168.0.100:8096 : timed out
20:19:47 T:4716  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
20:19:47 T:4716  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
20:19:47 T:4716  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:19:50 T:2760   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-8:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 808, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "C:\Users\Tobias\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\resources\lib\ArtworkLoader.py", line 59, in run
                                                self.run_internal()
                                              File "C:\Users\Tobias\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\resources\lib\ArtworkLoader.py", line 76, in run_internal
                                                self.updateArtLinks()
                                              File "C:\Users\Tobias\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\resources\lib\ArtworkLoader.py", line 308, in updateArtLinks
                                                result01 = self.updateCollectionArtLinks()
                                              File "C:\Users\Tobias\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\resources\lib\ArtworkLoader.py", line 402, in updateCollectionArtLinks
                                                jsonData = downloadUtils.downloadUrl(collectionUrl, suppress=False, popup=1 )
                                              File "C:\Users\Tobias\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmb3c\resources\lib\DownloadUtils.py", line 470, in downloadUrl
                                                data = conn.getresponse()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 1045, in getresponse
                                                response.begin()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 409, in begin
                                                version, status, reason = self._read_status()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 365, in _read_status
                                                line = self.fp.readline(_MAXLINE + 1)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\socket.py", line 476, in readline
                                                data = self._sock.recv(self._rbufsize)
                                            timeout: timed out
  • Like 1

im85288

Interesting, and you did not have this problem with the previous versions?

It appears to be timing out retrieving your music collection...is it really big? I'm surprised that it's only occurring in this version as nothing in that particular area was changed.

Interesting, and you did not have this problem with the previous versions?

It appears to be timing out retrieving your music collection...is it really big? I'm surprised that it's only occurring in this version as nothing in that particular area was changed.

I can't say for sure if it only occurs in the latest beta version. On my HTPC I am using the latest non-beta version and can't remember having this error.

Any other version I could test it on?

Actually, the problem seems to be related to the new server beta, as I just experienced it on my HTPC where XBMB3C version 0.9.603 is running.

Angelblue05

@

I will test it out and let you know. Thank you for giving the option to switch back, just incase :) (This would be an awesome idea to integrate beta within stable). I will be testing with MQ5, if the skin matters.

Holy s***, it's so much faster!!! My posters were already fully loaded as I entered my movies menu. Awesome job! However, I do not see any improvements when I'm browsing my anime. I use absolute numbering so it's common to see +100 episodes under Season 1. It still takes 15+ seconds to load the right list view.

Mark as watched: Seems Trakt problems are back. I'm guessing you were focusing on the cache only and will integrate the previously fixed features again. Unfortunately, I will be reverting for now, until trakt syncs again.

Edited by Angelblue05

im85288

Great! We will have some more improvements coming for episode loading that should speed that side up for you quite significantly.

I'm surprised at the trakt problem reappearing..I'll let @ answer that one.

Hi,

Sorry if this is not in the right section but I wonder if it is possible to "auto retry" connection to the MB3 Server at all?  I have a lot of clients in the house and if they boot before the server (most of them do) I get the "cannot connect to host" message on the screen and have to click ok to remove the message.  another example 3 of us are watching live tv on 3 different clients today and I restarted MB3 server due to an update and everyone has to find the remote to click the ok message even though the server was back and available in under 20 seconds.. a small thing I know but an improvement is an improvement :-)

denethor

I have a simple questions; how can I sort my libraries by movie release date, name, added date, durations etc?

denethor

In the context menu ( c key)

Thanks for the tip. 

But I was trying to set default sort order for the library after learning "c" and ended up with this ticket :(

Edited by denethor

Angelblue05

Yes, I switched back and it works again. Its in the method the playback report is reported to MBS, it doesnt use the playing/stop (check my post on the first page)

Edit: I just tried it again and it seems fine now. I guess I was too tired to properly test yesterday because I believe I forgot to restart XBMC....  -_- 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@

Yes, the trakt problem was a false alarm...sorry.

I have tested further, here is my feedback regarding the following: Super fast. I always had that buffering going on when exiting my episode level to go back to season level. It's all gone now. I can't wait to see the improvement you do next to speed up the episodes list loading (especially for my anime!)  :D

- turn on "Add Item and Played Counts" under Interface in the settings

- go into a season folder and mark an item as watch

- hit the back button to go back one level and you should after a few seconds see the season list update with the new watched count

Edited by Angelblue05