How do YOU adjust & optimize video/picture settings?

Marc_G

JeremyFr79

Thanks for the help investigating this.

On mine, the scaling artifacts caused by this one silly pixel line are visible in some situations, and there's an overall clarity loss, so I've moved to using MPC-HC as an external player. It's looking beautiful, thought I get a bit nervous having an extra piece of software that has to work. It's the "WAF" risk involved that concerns me.

So, to cap things off for the thread, for anyone interested:

On my TV I've left / turned all the ATI enhancements off, have the pixel format to RBG limited 4:4:4, no scaling. On the TV I turned on pixel direct matching, turned off pixel orbiter, turned off motion smoothing, and mostly left the TV settings alone otherwise. On my Panny screen, I'm using the Cinema settings, with mild adjustments to contrast and brightness.

Marc

I leave pixel orbiting on, you shouldn't any difference between on or off, but it will help protect the display, especially if you do any gaming.

Fortunately I'm not a gamer, nor do I watch lots of sports or other logo-intensive content.

With PO on, the screen is visibly off center much of the time. I'm sensitive to this issue... one of the reasons I bought a new TV was that my old one could never quite be centered right with ATI graphics (plus, it was an older 1080i plasma with plenty of other issues when using it as an HTPC screen).  For example, with PO on, my desktop edges will often be several pixels too far left or right... drives me nuts.  Much less visible when actually watching content of course. But still...

For now I'm being careful not to leave the screen on when there's static content.

Thanks again! I never did find a solution to my problem, and now am focusing on tweaking in MPC-HC as an external player.

Marc