File types recognised by MB3

Luke
Go to solution Solved by Tikuf,

@Tikuf - does ffmpeg support these?

If so we'll add rec to our supported video extensions in the next server release.

Moving topic...

Luke, one thing that MB2 did was to query the registry for all extensions that had "PercievedTypes" of video. This is how we were able to support any video format for which the person had something installed to deal with it. Not sure if we can do the same thing.

That won't work for mono though. I'd like to limit our supported extensions to the ones that mobile clients can understand, otherwise the developers will require special instruction to avoid them. I think he's in luck based on a quick google search I did, but need confirmation from Tikuf first.

Edit: Luke rec files "should" be fine I just made one and tested with ffprobe.

here is the json (nothing much different)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzinaao88lv52t7/topfield.json.

I have not tested with any transcode c/l (I will do that tonight).

The only issue I can see that may be a problem is we have no deinterlacing at the moment. I have the c/l for auto deinterlacing (ie deinterlace if required) I have not had the chance to test it as yet.

In short yes it should work but if you want to hold off for a little bit while i run some transcode tests.

Edited by Tikuf

Hi,

MB3 doesn't recognise some of my media files. Have been using MB2.6.2 until recently with Windows 8 pro 64bit, WMC and Shark007 codecs, which enabled me to play files transfered from a Topfield PVR with their native .rec extension. MB3 doesn't recognise this extension so doesn't see them, if I change the extension to something else ie .ts MB3 will see them. Is there a way to get MB3 to see these .rec files maybe a config file to edit or something ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have tested and they work fine with .rec files i created with videoredo I have told Luke but he is swamped at the moment.  :)

• Solution

Fixed in next server release. Please report any issues (there shouldn't be any but just in case  ;) )

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just to confirm that my .rec files are now recognised and are treated just like any other media file. Thanks for sorting this out much appreciated.