Large Library causing issues?

pir8radio
Go to solution Solved by pir8radio,

I originally had a similar issue, I was able to narrow it down to a bunch of MP3s with symbols in their names -- if I removed them, the memory usage stayed around 550-600mb, and the scans would complete.

pir8radio

So MB team if there are no plans to make a 64 bit version any time soon,  how about this:   http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366778.aspx#memory_limits

A flag you set when compiling MediaBrowser should let the 32 bit app use up to 3 gig.      I have no clue what im talking about by the way..  lol

Edited by pir8radio

I have 2700 movies and 70 TV series with (14K files) and i only use about 200 Meg memory.

I did not add my music because it is 850GB and would slow things down i am sure, with 200000 files for 5800 albums.

I never added it to plex either. My problem is that with that big of a library it is hard to find anything anyways, i can just use my search program on the PC and send the files to the TV if i need them played on the TV.

pir8radio

I have 2700 movies and 70 TV series with (14K files) and i only use about 200 Meg memory.

I did not add my music because it is 850GB and would slow things down i am sure, with 200000 files for 5800 albums.

I never added it to plex either. My problem is that with that big of a library it is hard to find anything anyways, i can just use my search program on the PC and send the files to the TV if i need them played on the TV.

But I can find everything in MB just fine... all of my files are named correctly so they are easy to find.  I too have about 819GB of music, except I only have 142,6XX MP3's   no doubles (unless the same song is on multiple albums)   all sorted and ran through musicbrainz, with acoustic ID's.   MB3 does excellent with all of my media, its just the scanning process consumes too much ram, and i get out of memory errors that crashes MB.  once i get it to complete the scan, all is awesome!    Going to try to enable that flag in visual studio, see what happens.  Prob wont help.. but i'm down to give it a whirl!

• Solution
pir8radio

YAY!!!!!!!!!!    I found a solution to my media browser OUT OF MEMORY errors!!!!    LOL it could be covering up an issue, but it worked for me!   My library scan would never complete because media browser would crash with an OOM error, assumedly due to my library size...    I found this app "4GB patch" that allows 32 bit apps to consume up to 4 gigs of ram on a 64 bit OS...  mine never hits 3, but it stopped my OOM errors and I can now scan my entire library in!!  I'm happy...  just posting this here for anyone else as a last resort.  Look below, MB is happily sucking 2.4 or so gigs of ram :blink:

545ad3e320fc4_ram.png

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
MikePlanet

@Luke: I remember some talking about setting compiler switches for Emby Server to natively support that 4GB memory adressing - did that ever happen? I am just asking because I am still patching on each new release and would like to know, if it is still necesary - thanks!

• Like 1