XboxOne playing the same file even though I try to play a different file.

jhoff80

jhoff80

No matter which episode I select, it plays the first episode of that season.  In this log I picked Season 2, Episode 8, and what started playing was Season 2, Episode 1.

2014-10-08 22:21:41.9258 Info - App: SessionInfoWebSocketListener Begin transmitting over websocket to 192.168.1.1:54442
2014-10-08 22:21:41.9258 Info - App: ActivityLogWebSocketListener Begin transmitting over websocket to 192.168.1.1:54442
2014-10-08 22:21:41.9258 Info - App: ScheduledTasksWebSocketListener Begin transmitting over websocket to 192.168.1.1:54442
2014-10-08 22:21:51.5434 Info - App: ActivityLogWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to 192.168.1.1:54442
2014-10-08 22:21:51.5434 Info - App: SessionInfoWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to 192.168.1.1:54442
2014-10-08 22:21:51.5434 Info - App: ScheduledTasksWebSocketListener stop transmitting over websocket to 192.168.1.1:54442
2014-10-08 22:21:51.5434 Info - App: ActivityLogWebSocketListener Begin transmitting over websocket to 192.168.1.1:54442
2014-10-08 22:22:31.3963 Info - App: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg\20141005\ffmpeg.exe -fflags +genpts -i file:"\\server\videos\TV\Homeland\Season 2\2x08 - I'll Fly Away.mkv" -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -vcodec copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -map_metadata -1 -threads 2 -acodec aac -strict experimental -ab 320000 -af "aresample=async=1" -y "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp\ba92548decc1db01ef7f12221aa7f938.ts"
2014-10-08 22:22:32.2090 Error - App: Error streaming media. The client has most likely disconnected or transcoding has failed.
	An operation was attempted on a nonexistent network connection
	System.Net.HttpListenerException
	   at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.BeginWrite(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
	   at System.IO.Stream.<BeginEndWriteAsync>b__16(Stream stream, ReadWriteParameters args, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncTrim[TInstance,TArgs](TInstance thisRef, TArgs args, Func`5 beginMethod, Func`3 endMethod)
	   at System.IO.Stream.BeginEndWriteAsync(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
	   at System.IO.Stream.WriteAsync(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.Progressive.ProgressiveFileCopier.<CopyToAsyncInternal>d__8.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.Progressive.ProgressiveFileCopier.<StreamFile>d__0.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.Progressive.ProgressiveStreamWriter.<WriteToAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

2014-10-08 22:22:32.7873 Error - App: Error streaming media. The client has most likely disconnected or transcoding has failed.
	The specified network name is no longer available
	   at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.IO.Stream.<BeginEndWriteAsync>b__17(Stream stream, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncTrimPromise`1.Complete(TInstance thisRef, Func`3 endMethod, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.Progressive.ProgressiveFileCopier.<CopyToAsyncInternal>d__8.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.Progressive.ProgressiveFileCopier.<StreamFile>d__0.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.Progressive.ProgressiveStreamWriter.<WriteToAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

2014-10-08 22:22:32.9904 Info - App: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg\20141005\ffmpeg.exe -fflags +genpts -i file:"\\server\videos\TV\Homeland\Season 2\2x01 - The Smile.mkv" -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -vcodec copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -map_metadata -1 -threads 2 -acodec aac -strict experimental -ab 320000 -af "aresample=async=1" -y "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp\a03269857fbee09dd10aec724f171052.ts"
2014-10-08 22:22:33.3655 Error - App: Error streaming media. The client has most likely disconnected or transcoding has failed.
	An operation was attempted on a nonexistent network connection
	   at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.BeginWrite(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
	   at System.IO.Stream.<BeginEndWriteAsync>b__16(Stream stream, ReadWriteParameters args, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncTrim[TInstance,TArgs](TInstance thisRef, TArgs args, Func`5 beginMethod, Func`3 endMethod)
	   at System.IO.Stream.BeginEndWriteAsync(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
	   at System.IO.Stream.WriteAsync(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

2014-10-08 22:22:33.8031 Info - App: Killing ffmpeg process for C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp\ba92548decc1db01ef7f12221aa7f938.ts
2014-10-08 22:22:33.8031 Info - App: FFMpeg exited with code 0
2014-10-08 22:22:33.8187 Info - App: Deleting partial stream file(s) C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp\ba92548decc1db01ef7f12221aa7f938.ts
Edited by jhoff80

sorry to hear that. i just tried another dlna player with MBS and couldn't reproduce it. i wonder if it's a bug in player

jhoff80

Could be.  It was working fine about two weeks ago, and I know that both MBS and the Xbox app (and preview dashboard for that matter) have been updated since then.  I mostly use my PC anyway, so it's no big deal, just wanted to point it out and post a log just in case.  I just sort of assumed it'd be MBS at fault because the proper episode gets requested first, and errors out before anything else.  But yeah there's too many factors to know for sure.

If anyone else is in the preview though, it'd be nice to know if I'm the only one with this issue or not. :D

Edited by jhoff80

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about episodes yet but when I tried to play some movies via the 'Recent' section, it did not play the same title selected (or any around the title selected).  For example playing Man of Steel started Bourne Supremacy.   Haven't noticed that issue on ones I've sampled when using the all movies view.

Could be.  It was working fine about two weeks ago, and I know that both MBS and the Xbox app (and preview dashboard for that matter) have been updated since then.  I mostly use my PC anyway, so it's no big deal, just wanted to point it out and post a log just in case.  I just sort of assumed it'd be MBS at fault because the proper episode gets requested first, and errors out before anything else.  But yeah there's too many factors to know for sure.

If anyone else is in the preview though, it'd be nice to know if I'm the only one with this issue or not. :D

Same issue here, but with movies.

Getting similar issues. When playing movies, in Bluray and dvd rip format, the movie will start and then after 10 sec the movie stops playing and the first movie listed in my bluray/dvd folder starts to play instead. Happens for every movie in this folder. Doesn't do this in mb server or clients so wondering if it's a bug in media player on xbox one. Everything else seems fine though.

Getting similar issues. When playing movies, in Bluray and dvd rip format, the movie will start and then after 10 sec the movie stops playing and the first movie listed in my bluray/dvd folder starts to play instead. Happens for every movie in this folder. Doesn't do this in mb server or clients so wondering if it's a bug in media player on xbox one. Everything else seems fine though.

I mentioned this on the other Xbox thread.  I found that if I select it a different way, not from the all movies selection, it will usually continue but still pause every 10-30 seconds where it would have normally stopped and gone back to the first movie.

trooper11

I mentioned this on the other Xbox thread.  I found that if I select it a different way, not from the all movies selection, it will usually continue but still pause every 10-30 seconds where it would have normally stopped and gone back to the first movie.

Same thing is happening to me.  Trying to play any movie results in it playing for 10 seconds and then loading the first movie listed in the folder.  This does not happen with my tv shows.

MrWebsmith

yep its building some sort of playlist.. at least with tv eps i can next/next to the right to get to the later eps but its annoying certainly.. 

i think the xbox is putting everything into a playlist and it's going to advance to the next even if what you want to play fails. can someone post a transcoding log? maybe someone can try adjusting the dlna profile.

jhoff80

I should be able to do that tonight.

I did also report this on the Xbox Preview Forums / in-console feedback and so hopefully it's being looked into from that end as well.

if you guys could also do some xbox one testing on the latest dev server that would be helpful.t hanks.

MaestroGarcia

Hi,

I tried to search for this issue in the forms but could not find anything? I can be the only one having this problem.

I am streaming from my PC running medaiserver3  towards my XboxOne.

The problem is that it always plays the same file. I am not sure if it is playing the first file in the folder I don't think so but it is playing the same file all the time. I choose a different file from browsing in xboxone it starts playing the file I selected but after a couple of seconds it reverts back to one specific file and plays that file instead? That happens for every file i try to play/start it from xboxone?

If I start a file from the medibrowser3 server and choose to send it towards xboxone it work as it should?

What can I do?

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

I am just starting with MB3 as a replacement to my dedicated NAS, but have the same issue, TV shows seem to playback from the first episode regardless of which episode you choose, same thing also occurs if you select the recently added folder.

Hi,

Same problem here.

I use my XBoxOne to acces my content -> App Media Player

In the App I can see my PC and Media Browser Server as possible options

When I use Media Browser.

I can list all my content (even the ISO which I normally not see).

I can start movies but when playing, most of them (.ISO files) will starts for 10 sec and then stop and the first file in the list start and then works perfectly (I let it run 10 min to try).

Some files are playing normaly (.avi .mp4).

Some not (.mkv) and are also falling back to the first file in the list (an .ISO which is not even in the same folder on the PC, but the first one on the list of content in Media Player App on XBox and on Media Browser Server),

More interresting, when starting the first file in the list (.ISO), it stop after 10 sec then start again and works fine...

I hope someone identify the problem and solve it.

try upping the bitrate in the xbox one dlna profile to increase the likelihood of direct streaming, as opposed to transcoding.

• Like 1

Hello, 

I'm having the same problem. No matter which episode I select, it plays the first episode of that season. Same thing for movies. I'm using the default XB1 Profile. Max Streaming Bitrate and Max sync bitrate are both set to 800000. Are you saying to increase those 2? Says to 900000 or even 1000000? How can I help fix this? 

Edited by tehjojo

Hi,

First of all thanks for your previous answers, and sorry that I do not have to much time to spend on those issues.

As suggested I tryed upping the bitrate in the xbox one dlna profile, I put 512 000 000 instade of 8000 000 but nothing change.

But actually I do want the transcoding to happen as the one do not support the format of the file.

I attached the logs from a try with an ISO file.

I lunch the video from the XB1 using the Media Player App and connecting to the media Browser.

As usual, the movie starts, then stop and the first of the list will start and end up running well.

Just in that case there was only one movie in the list...

I wanted to watch it :P.  so I placed it alone in a folder and removed all other folder from the library, so I eventually end up playing it.

But you would agree this is no way to watch your collection of movies B).

I just hope you can find the reason of the lunched file giving an error and why the first in the list end up playing properly.

For my (HD) .mkv problem, I think the XBox do not have the codex to play the file (It won't play from a USB neither), but MB do not trigger transcoding as .mkv is suppose to be supported. Can I force transcoding option in this case?

Thanks for help

Log101.txt

Log102.txt

• 2 weeks later...
ElNevera

This is also happening to me.

Movies: A few seconds of the selected movie and then it swaps to the first movie in the collection.

TV: A few seconds of selected episode and then switches to the first episode of that series.

I only got my x1 yesterday and am still learning my way round.

• 2 weeks later...
dantheman

I just bought an Xbox One, and I'm experiencing the same issue as others described:  I'll select a file, it will play for maybe 3 seconds.  It then stops, and begins to play the first file in the folder.  Meaning, if I'm browsing a TV season, and I select episode 8, it will play episode 8 for 3 seconds and then switch to episode 1.  Sometimes it won't play at all, and will jump to a random video.

This happens when I use the Media Player app, which allows the Xbox to browse a DLNA server.  It is similar to the way Windows allows me to browse the DLNA server.  The Media Player app does not trigger the Xbox transcoding profile.  Instead, it direct plays the video content, and if that video is incompatible with the Xbox, it switches to a video file that is compatible.  Mediabrowser does not know that Media Player is attempting to play a file.

The Media Player app will only play these file formats: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/media-player-faq

If you have MKVs, they will only work if the container has the following audio/video: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-video/mkv-support

There is another DLNA playback method for Xbox One: 

If you use the Mediabrowser web client and select the Xbox as the destination, the video opens in a different app: Xbox Video.  It plays successfully and transcodes per the Xbox profile.  I believe this is called "DLNA play to" (similar to Chromecast).  In this case, Mediabrowser knows the destination device, and will use the associated profile to transcode to a compatible format.  This method has two issues:

1. The web client doesn't seem to be able to control the video after the playback has started
  2. I can't figure out how to turn on subtitles.  I assume they would have to be transcoded in.  I'd prefer to turn them on with a film-by-film basis, not by changing the DLNA profile.

Anyways, I hope this helps, and maybe someone else with more experience can confirm my understanding...

Edited by dantheman
  • Like 1

Great stuff. Thanks. It looks like we need to add additional detection via http headers for the dlna server. It doesn't look like it's using the xbox one profile at all when browsing dlna, based on your report. But it is using the profile when used via play to, which is why it's working fine there.

I have posted a fix to the dev server build in case anyone would like to help test and try it out there. thanks.

• Like 1