Switching profiles stopped working

saitoh183

saitoh183

MBS version : 3.0.5395.0

I noticed that my trakt didnt update when i was done watching my movie and when i checked the recent activity, it said that the movie had been stop but it was under the wrong account.

Here is my recent activity

10/23/2014 6:14:27 pm
Josh&AM has started playing Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
App: XBMC, Device: Upstairs

10/23/2014 7:25:31 pm
Sissi has stopped playing Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
App: XBMC, Device: Upstairs

as im writing this, my dashboard shows the my Device Upstairs has the Sissi account logged in but its currently Josh&AM

5449c68d4ae75_MBSacount.jpg5449c72c147dc_SBXbmc.jpg

Log file https://db.tt/JZYvO1Tl

If this a client side problem, please feel free to move it to the xbmb3c thread

Edited by saitoh183

Angelblue05

Can we do more testing using profiles, @xnappo? I have noticed when I switch profile, the same user account reports to MBS. This is causing the watch status and resume section to affect content that I've not watched myself.

Version: XBMB3C 0.9.6022, MBS (dev) 3.0.5407.27985

Problem:

I am using XBMC to switch profiles. Each profile is set up with their own MBS account. When there is a profile switch, the first profile, when XBMC started, will remain as the account reporting to MBS. It causes a mix up with the watched status/resume section. To recap, I have another profile's content being marked as watched or being added to my resume section under my own profile.

Observation:

I've noticed in my xbmc log, there doesn't seem to be a profile check before playing content. To reset the account reporting to MBS, a switch of profile and a restart of XBMC is required (if another switch is done, we are back to having the same problem).

Log:

I've attached my log to this post. I loaded XBMC on my "AngelnDaniel" profile. I played the episode " How The Universe works - 1x01 - Big Bang. I then stopped the episode and switched to the profile "Smiley" and started playing the same episode again. I'm not exactly familiar with how profiles works with the "userID", but it seems that both times it reports to same "userID" (AngelnDaniel) profile. I know this used to work before, but I can't say when this started happening. 

Edit: Here is a potential related issue posted in the server section http://mediabrowser....evice/?p=141645 @saitoh183 - My brother is using XBMB3C 0.9.602 (Stable version).

Edited by Angelblue05

I have just experienced this tonight as well! this is messing up our watched status/trakt information as a result :-(

I have the same setup as AngelBlue05 above and my daughter is watching loads of American Dad episodes... some are showing on my email notifications that she is watching them and some are showing that I am watching them?  I can only see creating another Windows account to work-around this which is a pain to configure XBMC again but will do this if there is not a quick fix.....

I have also attached my log if it helps... 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38473789/Log.txt

Thank you

xnappo

This feature has never really been supported.  

@ did some work on it, but I don't know anything about it.

Any other devs using this in their setup?

@@im85288 - when you took in the 'requests' change, did you also include the changes to reduce the number of times 'user' was sent to the server?

@@mbc0 - are you using the beta repo?

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

This has been working perfectly for about 6 months Xnappo, I have 5 users in my family and it has been perfect, I receive an email when any family member is watching something and it has never missed a beat until last night, but I am not sure it is XBMC3's end, more likely MB3 as it is reported over there as well. I am using the Stable Repo repository.xbmb3c-1.0.2 

Also, the post that was logged regarding this in the server section has now disappeared? I cannot find it even if it has been moved? http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/11848-mbs-reporting-the-wrong-account-logged-in-on-device/?p=141645

Cheers

Edited by mbc0

im85288

Any other devs using this in their setup?

@@im85288 - when you took in the 'requests' change, did you also include the changes to reduce the number of times 'user' was sent to the server?

xnappo

No I do no use this setup and never tried it. When I removed "requests" I did nothing with the number of calls to get the user...

But it seems this is being reported against the stable version..so not related to the security changes.

xnappo

@@im85288 - Yep. Thanks @@mbc0 - that does help narrow it down.  

To be clear this is when using multiple profiles on a single machine - correct?  If so - I can't think of anything on the addon side that would have caused this.  Can you recreate with another client?  I don't know what happened to your server post - @@Luke?

When I say 'not supported' I mean none of the devs use this feature(that I know of), and we do not have a beta tester dedicated to checking it out before a release.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

saitoh183

When I say 'not supported' I mean none of the devs use this feature(that I know of), and we do not have a beta tester dedicated to checking it out before a release.

xnappo

Are you saying no devs have more then one account created in MBS? I'm surprised since profiles is one of the big points that bring alot of people to MB3 over the competition.

To be clear this is when using multiple profiles on a single machine - correct?

The issue seems to be intermittent. Since my first post, i havent had the problem again (from what i can tell) I do have multiple profiles on my MBS and i have 2 profiles in XBMC each linked to a profile in MBS

xnappo

Are you saying no devs have more then one account created in MBS? I'm surprised since profiles is one of the big points that bring alot of people to MB3 over the competition.

Yes, as far as I know anyway.  I have no use for it - my wife and I watch stuff together, and my kids are too young to care.

Not saying it isn't a useful feature, just that we don't happen to have a lot of testing of it.

xnappo

boywhosetsfire

Same here, my girlfriend and I share one library. And since I unfortunately have almost no spare time at the moment I can't do any testing/fixing here :(

saitoh183

Same here, my girlfriend and I share one library. And since I unfortunately have almost no spare time at the moment I can't do any testing/fixing here :(

I also share 1 library with my wife but she also has her own XBMC session and MBS profile for the shows that she watches (some are the same as me but we watch them separately)But is this a issue that only plagues XBMB3C or does it also happen on other platforms?

im85288

I think I found the problem and fixed it, though without using profiles I cannot say for certain.

@@xnappo - I did bring in the caching of the userid to improve performance, this however did not change when the username changed in the addon, so that was what I changed for this fix.

There's a new version up on the beta repo 0.9.6023 please test and confirm hopefully that it's working as expected

• Like 4

Angelblue05

I will test asap, well...as soon as the beta repo reflects the new version (Edit: Force refresh did the trick) @@im85288, thanks for looking into the matter! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

It's working. I played content on different profiles and each reported to the correct account. I saw the profile switch reflect instantly in MBS like it used to. Thanks for solving the problem @@im85288!

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2