New MBPhoto beta

ebr

CBers

@cbers get used to another theme??

sacrilege!!!

surely someone can talk soultaker round.... :(

I've gone back to NEO as I can't get Chocolate to display correctly on my TV.

• Like 1

Will MBPhoto be available in MBT?

I'm not sure if there will be specialized photo support in MBT in the first release, but, eventually, I'm sure it will be supported.

I am also looking to see if I can eliminate the plug-in on the MBC side and just build the support directly into the core.

• Like 1

CBers

i am also looking to see if I can eliminate the plug-in on the MBC side and just build the support directly into the core.

Nice. Thanks.

madfloyd

We have to work within the confines of the existing system.  The views you are using were written as much as two years ago and designed for video content and are within the individual themes.  So, there isn't much we can do about that.

However, there are lots of views in several themes that will show photos in a nice way so play around with the selections.

As for browsing one at a time, try hitting the play button on your remote on either a folder of photos or an individual one.  It will start to play them back full screen (complete with music accompaniment if you put a 'slideshow.wpl' in the folder) and you can pause them or 'next' your way through them with the channel up/down buttons.

Thanks, I appreciate the explanation and understand.  I will try that.

CBers

@@ebr - seeing several of the following errors in the server log relating to PhotoProvider:

2013-10-26 00:35:19.3962, Error, PhotoProvider, Image Provider - Error reading image tag for \\MEDIASERVER-3\Photos\0. B&W Photos\Cats.JPG
Could not find Exif data block
System.Exception
  at MBPhoto.ExifReader.ReadToExifStart()
  at MBPhoto.ExifReader..ctor(String fileName)
  at MBPhoto.Providers.PhotoProvider.Fetch(BaseItem item)

2013-10-26 00:35:19.5822, Error, PhotoProvider, Image Provider - Error reading image tag for \\MEDIASERVER-3\Photos\0. B&W Photos\Forrest1.JPG
Could not find Exif data block
System.Exception
  at MBPhoto.ExifReader.ReadToExifStart()
  at MBPhoto.ExifReader..ctor(String fileName)
  at MBPhoto.Providers.PhotoProvider.Fetch(BaseItem item)

Edited by CBers

Spaceboy

worked out my problem, the two paths were slightly different. one was looking at \\htpc\h\pics and the other was looking at h:\pics

• 2 weeks later...
ordinarybanter

I want to give this plugin a shot. Been a minorish rebuild of my htpc and sorting data drives out. I'm curious to know if there is an optimal folder structure for this plugin? How do you organize your images. I've got thousands and I'm wrestling with creating dated folders or named ones etc. Do you have recommendations?

Thanks for all your enormous efforts.

christoph86

When I go to MB classic configurator under the plugin tabs there is no option for the MB photo plugin.  The only two plugins I have under content provider in the configurator are for the bookshelf and game browser.  I have it installed on the server and have set the photo collection under the photo type.  The folders show up in classic but there are no pictures.  .  Am I missing where the photo plugin is at for MB classic? 

christoph86

Got it.  I had to reinstall the server plugin.  I guess it got removed after update.  All set!  Thanks, great work guys, love the new product!

• 1 month later...

Any plans to add support for photos online? i.e. facebook, imageshack, etc

I haven't looked into that at all and you are the first to request it.

gillmacca

Bit surprised I am the first. I keep all my photos in my facebook account, so it would be great if it could be linked to that....other people may use other sites for their photos

@@ebr - have you found a way of stopping the WMC (Windows) screensaver from starting when playing photos in MBC please?

TIA.

Sorry, I haven't had any time to look at something like that.  Whatever I would do would be some sort of hack unless there is some sort of .net call I can make to tell the machine not to engage the SS.

CBers

Sorry, I haven't had any time to look at something like that. Whatever I would do would be some sort of hack unless there is some sort of .net call I can make to tell the machine not to engage the SS.

OK, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Jon Scaife

Can I make a couple of feature requests for the future?

1. Sorting photos by "date taken"

2. Showing the photo title / caption when in slideshow mode

Without these photos appear in a random order (as i rename the files) and show no information about what they are.  The addition of these features would make MBPhoto much more O/H friendly :)

Cheers

Can I make a couple of feature requests for the future?

1. Sorting photos by "date taken"

2. Showing the photo title / caption when in slideshow mode

Without these photos appear in a random order (as i rename the files) and show no information about what they are.  The addition of these features would make MBPhoto much more O/H friendly :)

Cheers

Perhaps my request here is an idea to make several sort options easier to use then the way it works now.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1871-roc-theme-female-friendly-switch-for-indexing-to-genre/

CBers

Is there any way of ignoring video clips stored within the photo library, when playing photos please?

Edited by CBers

Jon Scaife

Yeah, I'll put this in the next dev build of MBC.

Please make it optional - I like it that it plays the clips when in slideshow!

• 4 years later...
The next release of Emby Server will support importing playlists of the following formats:

• m3u

• pls

• wpl

• zpl

Enjoy.