New MBPhoto beta

ebr

These all sound like issues with the theme so I would post them in the Roc thread.  Also, there should be two errors in the event log and one of them should be labeled a ".net error".  That is the one that will provide the best information.  Thanks.

Neo.

Could be a problem with Neo and your particular style of remote.  Please try in default or chocolate and see what happens.

CBers

Could be a problem with Neo and your particular style of remote. Please try in default or chocolate and see what happens.

Will do, thanks. The remote is just a basic MCE remote.

It's a real shame that NEO can't be enhanced as I, and many others by the sounds of it, prefer it to other themes.

Oh well :(

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

CBers

Could be a problem with Neo and your particular style of remote.  Please try in default or chocolate and see what happens.

I installed Chocolate an the playback works fine.

These all sound like issues with the theme so I would post them in the Roc thread.  Also, there should be two errors in the event log and one of them should be labeled a ".net error".  That is the one that will provide the best information.  Thanks.

Okay will look for that and post it in the roc threat.

I installed Chocolate an the playback works fine.

Okay, then what that tells me is that your remote is probably sending the "play/pause" command instead of the "play" command and Neo is not picking that up properly.

If the remote you use is programmable, see if you can switch its play command.  There are two of them depending on when the remote was made - Play/Pause and Play.

CBers

Okay, then what that tells me is that your remote is probably sending the "play/pause" command instead of the "play" command and Neo is not picking that up properly.

If the remote you use is programmable, see if you can switch its play command.  There are two of them depending on when the remote was made - Play/Pause and Play.

No it's not programmable, it's just a basic MCE remote:

Capture741.JPG

CWNashvegas

No it's not programmable, it's just a basic MCE remote:

I have that exact same remote! :D Cheapest one on Amazon, and the best one I've ever had.

• Like 1

CBers

I have that exact same remote! :D Cheapest one on Amazon, and the best one I've ever had.

Even cheaper on eBay ;)

That's actually the same one I got for a new htpc recently and it does send "play/pause" not "play".

CWNashvegas

That's actually the same one I got for a new htpc recently and it does send "play/pause" not "play".

Which is sad, considering it has a button for each.  :huh: I just love the mouse control because it's quick to reclaim focus on WMC when my phone pop-up grabs focus on the other display. (Otherwise, the next time I hit a button, I accidentally dial a number instead.)

CBers

So it's NEO not liking the remote/MBPhoto?

CBers

Doesn't have anything to do with MBPhoto.  It is just Neo.

OK, thanks.

Will have to get used to another theme I suppose :(

Come back ST, all is forgiven.

@cbers get used to another theme??

sacrilege!!!

surely someone can talk soultaker round.... :(

• Like 1

madfloyd

So I just tried this and it will not show any photos, just videos.  

What's worse is all the videos are upside down.

I would prefer that it shows PHOTOS (.JPG) and ignores videos (.MOV).

Any chance of you making this change, ebr?  I'd love to be able to cycle through photos in my home theater...

madfloyd

Have you marked your photo collection with the appropriate type?

Yup, and I just re-did it to be sure.

In the web browser I see all the photos (.jpg files) but in MB Classic, it does the following:

- shows me two subdirectories

- the backdrop is a random photo and it cycles through a bunch of them.  It doesn't display them all at the right aspect ratio (iPhone pictures that are portrait are stretched width-wise).

If I choose one of the subdirectories, it then shows me a list of all the .MOV files, but not any .JPGs.

Ultimately I would like a way to show .JPG files with control over whether there is a navigable UI present (in other words, I'd like to be able to view the photo without any UI partially obscuring it and only call up the UI when I want to navigate to a particular photo.  

Redshirt

do you also have the mbphoto plugin installed in MB Classic? It's installed through the MB Classic configurator.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

hi, i'm seeing exactly the same as madfloyd except i can only see videos in both the web browser and mb classic. i have the mb photo plug in installed on both the server and mb classic and the folder is set as the correct type

madfloyd

OK, I did NOT have the plugin installed via Classic Configurator.  I had it installed on the server side MB Photo 0.0.7.0.   It wasn't clear to me that there were two plugins to be installed.

I just installed the client side one and will test and report back.

Thanks.

madfloyd

OK, so it sees my photos now... but I have to say the plugin as I see it has questionable value.

It shows the photo content like it was movies - i.e. I can show my photos as 'coverflow' etc.  Interestingly enough, the coverflow thumbnails have the right aspect ratio but the backdrop (which is using photos) displays them stretched (distorted aspect ratio).

If you select a photo, it displays it (wrong aspect ratio again) but with additional info on screen.

Shouldn't a photo plugin show nothing BUT the photo unless the user desires to see info on it?  I want to scroll through photos full screen (with proper aspect ratio) and only call up a thumbnail view if I'm searching for a specific photo.

OK, so it sees my photos now... but I have to say the plugin as I see it has questionable value.

It shows the photo content like it was movies - i.e. I can show my photos as 'coverflow' etc.  Interestingly enough, the coverflow thumbnails have the right aspect ratio but the backdrop (which is using photos) displays them stretched (distorted aspect ratio).

If you select a photo, it displays it (wrong aspect ratio again) but with additional info on screen.

Shouldn't a photo plugin show nothing BUT the photo unless the user desires to see info on it?  I want to scroll through photos full screen (with proper aspect ratio) and only call up a thumbnail view if I'm searching for a specific photo.

We have to work within the confines of the existing system.  The views you are using were written as much as two years ago and designed for video content and are within the individual themes.  So, there isn't much we can do about that.

However, there are lots of views in several themes that will show photos in a nice way so play around with the selections.

As for browsing one at a time, try hitting the play button on your remote on either a folder of photos or an individual one.  It will start to play them back full screen (complete with music accompaniment if you put a 'slideshow.wpl' in the folder) and you can pause them or 'next' your way through them with the channel up/down buttons.