HDR tone mapping is not working properly

sums2001

sums2001

HDR tone mapping is not working properly when transcoding is enabled.I  tested several moive with 4k hdr10 both with Jellyfin.Emby will automatically select the hablel mode when using hardware transcoding at a low bit rate. After transcoding, the color tone of the video image is pale, and the color tone is normal when playing without transcoding. Jellyfin uses BT.2390, and the color display is normal when working in normal mode or low bit rate transcoding.How can I solve this problem?

GrimReaper

Install Diagnostics plugin where you can select desired tonemapping algorithm under Advanced transcoding settings. 

sums2001
41 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Install Diagnostics plugin where you can select desired tonemapping algorithm under Advanced transcoding settings. 

I have installed the diagnostic plug-in, and tried 3 modes in the settings, none of which can achieve satisfactory output effects, can you provide BT.2390 mode?

sums2001

BT.2390 mode was found in Software Tone Mapping, but setting Software Tone Mapping alone tone mapping  does not work.

6 hours ago, sums2001 said:

BT.2390 mode was found in Software Tone Mapping, but setting Software Tone Mapping alone tone mapping  does not work.

Hi, why do you think it doesn’t work?

sums2001
On 6/4/2023 at 11:48 PM, Luke said:

Hi, why do you think it doesn’t work?

The performance of the screen has not improved, and there is no prompt in the information displayed by the diagnostic tool to enable BT.2390.