MBS - Move media up one level button in Metadata manager

CashMoney

CashMoney

So I'm currently at a customers house, and they have a lot of dvd rips which they are integrating into an MB3 library. No problems with MB3 at all. Various devices, DNLA and MBC for clients.

But for whatever reason, they have some of the rips in a folder within a folder, and some not*. So if I add the root folder to the library, half the films are then inside another folder which the customer doesn't like to see. I've got them using levelzap (http://levelzap.codeplex.com/) to right click each folder in Windows as they come across them in MB3, then it's back into MB3 to refresh the data; works fine but as you can imagine gets tedious.

In my own little perfect imaginary world there would be a button on the meta data page of the item that I could click that would move the media files up one level and delete the sub folder, much like levelzap does but without having to leave the comfort of MB3 to do it.

That to me sounds like it could be a bit tricky to implement in MB3, or have issues I've not thought of (permissions maybe?) but figured I'd ask anyway, especially as the source code for levelzap is available under MIT free licence and could possibly be used as a base?

*file structure is like this

Movies -

Movie1/movie1.avi

Movie2/movie2.avi

Movie3/movie3/movie3.avi

Movie4/movie4.avi

Would want to move movie3.avi up one level and delete the empty sub folder.