App Store Reviews

ScottIsAFool

ScottIsAFool

Hey guys,

So as you all know, we have Media Browser in both the Windows Phone and the Apple stores and so far, I think both have been doing very well. We do have Android coming soon, which will give us quite a lot (if not almost all) mobile coverage on the three main platforms.

What will help us (both the developers and the community) is to get the apps featured in the respective stores. The more [positive] reviews an app will have means there's more chance of being featured in said store. So what I'm asking is, if you've downloaded either of the iOS or Windows Phone apps and haven't reviewed/rated the app, please can you do so.

I would also ask for the same when Red's Android app appears in the Play store.

For Windows Phone, to rate the app, either go back to the app in the store and rate from there, or if you're in the app, go to the about page (from the app bar in the main page), and you then just tap the Review the app button, this will take you to the store where you can then review it.

For iOS, I assume you can do this from the app store too, if there's a shortcut to it from the app, I'm sure Shiv can point it out.

If you have rated our apps already, you guys rock :D

Scott

• Like 3

aspdend

As soon as the Android app hits the play store, I'll move from the beta to the uploaded version and review it

Edited by aspdend

ScottIsAFool

Thanks for posting this Scott. These reviews mean a lot to us developers. 

Not just to us devs, it gives the product more exposure too as the stores often feature apps that are downloading and rating well :) 

PS, what's up with your sig?

• 4 weeks later...
ScottIsAFool

Giving this one a bit of a bump :) Seeing some really great traction with downloads for the Windows Phone app, and I'm sure @@darwindeeds is with the iPhone app too and for that we are both extremely grateful. 

At this point, I'd also like to request that if you haven't done so already, do please, please, please rate the apps, it doesn't take much but can make all the difference in order to help get the apps promoted in the relevant app stores (for example, I'm trying to get Nokia to promote MB3 in the Windows Phone store, but I'm lacking the required number of reviews for them to sign off on it). 

So if you have the iPhone app or the Windows Phone app, take the 10 seconds or so to rate the respective app. 

Again, thanks for all your support on these apps.

ScottIsAFool

Worth noting for the Windows Phone app, you don't have to have paid for it. If you downloaded it as a trial, you can still rate/review it *hint* :D

simono5

I looked in the  app store last night and noticed that the site URL for MB iOS points to the old forum which has a big red 'closed' stamp in the header image.

If someone can, this it would help to update it to this forum.

ScottIsAFool

I looked in the  app store last night and noticed that the site URL for MB iOS points to the old forum which has a big red 'closed' stamp in the header image.

If someone can, this it would help to update it to this forum.

I've passed this on, thanks.

• 2 months later...