¿Do you plan to continue releasing new stable versions of the client?

Fabian2101

Fabian2101

Hi, I want to warn you that the last stable version of the client for Android TV 2.0.83g was released by you in October 2022, a stable version that became obsolete almost immediately because it contained a very old and obsolete version of ExoPlayer as an internal player due to the inconvenience with many files containing DV - HDR10. Then just on January 26, 2023 they released an unstable Beta version 2.0.87g with the solution in the reproduction of many files that contain DV - HDR10 with the change of the internal ExoPlayer version. But since January 26, 2023 you abandoned the development of new stable versions of the client for Android TV with the latest unstable version 2.0.87g. I also want to warn you that the unstable version 2.0.87g has some problems, sometimes when watching several episodes of series one episode after another in a row, sometimes randomly when an episode ends and jumps to the next episode by mistake instead of starting from it. beginning at minute zero, erroneously starts playing in the middle of the episode, or near the end of the episode, when this error happens there is also a small popup legend of a few seconds, from the client for Android TV 2.0.87g that reports that various errors has happened, with the reproduction of movies the same error occurs much less frequently.
Most likely you will tell me that instead of using the client for Android TV, that I use the other client for Android smartphones and tablets, but at this moment I have two drawbacks to use the client for smartphones and tablets, the first The problem is that the client Android 3.3.07 and earlier versions produces jumps and jerks in the images when the subtitles appear on the TV screen, with any subtitle format, be it SRT or PGS, just at the moment they appear on the screen. they produce jumps and jerks. The second problem is that the client for smartphones and tablets is for exclusive use with a PREMIERE subscription, and unfortunately, due to the tightening of the block  and restrictions on transactions with foreign money imposed by the Argentine government, it is completely impossible to use dollars to buy a subscription PREMIERE. For these reasons, I need you guys to continue to release stable, bug-free versions of the client for Android TV.

¿For everything I have explained to you, I ask if you continue to develop new 100% stable versions without any playback errors in the client for Android TV?

pwhodges

On the matter of the client update, you might want to contribute to this (very long!) thread:

On the matter of being unable to pay for Premiere, you'd probably do best to email billingsupport@emby to see if they can offer a solution.

Paul

Fabian2101
1 hour ago, pwhodges said:

On the matter of being unable to pay for Premiere, you'd probably do best to email billingsupport@emby to see if they can offer a solution.

It is that the problem that does not allow me to make the payment to buy PREMIERE is exclusive in my country Argentina due to government measures that prohibit purchases with foreign money, it is only allowed to make purchases with Argentine pesos. Emby's competitor, Plex, has been trading plans for a Premium Pass for a long time in Argentina, which are quoted in local money from my country, that is, in Argentine pesos.

Fabian2101
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by jumps and jerks in the images?

I don't know if they are really jumps and jerks, here my girlfriend tells me that to her they seem more like small stops in the video playback just at the moment each line of subtitles appears on the screen. Is ExoPlayer really the internal player of the Android MOBILE client?; because the problem is very similar to what happens with the VLC player years ago when the subtitles are displayed on the screen, what appear to be small jumps, jerks, or brakes occur in the video just at the moment the subtitles appear on screen. On the smartphone it seems that it also happens but it goes much more unnoticed I guess because of the small screen size. I will do the test of filming the screens of my televisions with the smartphone with a small video to see if the jumps, jerks, or braking are distinguished in the video, and if I see that it is distinguished I will upload the videos and I will leave you the links Right here so you can view it.

I almost forgot to mention that this problem was always exclusive to the MOBILE client, because the Android TV client never had this problem, so I have some doubts if the internal player is really ExoPlayer, or is it really another internal player, that contains a lot of VLC source code.

FrostByte
14 hours ago, Fabian2101 said:

I don't know if they are really jumps and jerks, here my girlfriend tells me that to her they seem more like small stops in the video playback just at the moment each line of subtitles appears on the screen. Is ExoPlayer really the internal player of the Android MOBILE client?; because the problem is very similar to what happens with the VLC player years ago when the subtitles are displayed on the screen, what appear to be small jumps, jerks, or brakes occur in the video just at the moment the subtitles appear on screen. On the smartphone it seems that it also happens but it goes much more unnoticed I guess because of the small screen size. I will do the test of filming the screens of my televisions with the smartphone with a small video to see if the jumps, jerks, or braking are distinguished in the video, and if I see that it is distinguished I will upload the videos and I will leave you the links Right here so you can view it.

I almost forgot to mention that this problem was always exclusive to the MOBILE client, because the Android TV client never had this problem, so I have some doubts if the internal player is really ExoPlayer, or is it really another internal player, that contains a lot of VLC source code.

Play a file and then open your server log and search for 'Exoplayer'.  You will see that both Android apps use Exoplayer and the version of Exoplayer they are using.  Typically, the standard Android app is a little further ahead of the ATV client as far as versions.