DLNA 'Play On' doesn't list any devices

jokrat

jokrat

Hi,

Im on Synology ds1618+ with DSM 7.2. When I click Play On button there are no devices on the list.

Im trying to play music from music library. There should be Buchardt A500 spekers via Platin Stereo Hub which works as dlna client, or/and at least Nvidia shield TV. 

Ive got 'Enable DLNA Play To' checked.  And 'Enable DLNA server' unchecked. By the way when I run dlna server it works fine. All devices see it and I can browse and play my music from them.

I tried Emby 4.7.11.0, and 4.8.0.37. Both installed as packages and in docker. In host mode and bridge mode. I even tried Jellyfin but there was the same problem, albeit I dont know what I clicked but once In jellyfin my Buchardt A500 did show but nothing played and container crashed. 😕

BTW Platin Stereo Hub is at 192.168.1.105 and I dont see any mention of it in logs or maybe Im blind. Shield is at 192.168.1.99

embyserver.txt

HI, first question is, are you positive that your hardware supports being controlled this way? In other words, just because browsing the Dlna Server works, that doesn't the device can accept commands from other devices.

The reason I ask is because the server log contains no mention of Buchardt or Platin, which would suggest that it's not responding to our search queries over the network.

jokrat

Yes, because I can control this audio hub via other dlna sources, and it basically works every time. Its this one. https://www.hifipilot.de/Stereo-Hub_1 

Jellyfin once found it and put on the list (but didnt play anything and crashed). Log said something about slow response but I dont have it anymore. From my understanding its similiar program.

Just for a test I just installed bubbleUPNP on android tablet, it instantly found my stereo hub, even found my synology server, accessed its shared music and played on stereo hub without hiccup. All took no more than half a minute. Whats interesting Emby also immediately listed bubbleup dlna server on 'play on' list.

But my emby installation doesnt see not only stero hub but also nvidia shield. BubbleUPNP sees both instantly. 

From my understanding Emby also supports chromecast streaming, my hub supports chromecast but emby web also doesnt find stereo hub. I wonder if synology does something, but Im confused what even I should be looking for.

OK can you enable both debug logging in the logs section and dlna debug logging in the dlna section, then restart the server. Give it about a minute.

Then after that, please restart the dlna devices and see if emby server detects them.

Then please attach the debug log here. Make sure to turn both of those debug options off when you're done because they'll result in huge log files and degraded performance. Thanks.