Emby Connect Issues

boywondr16

boywondr16

I mean, when all you do is get looped back to either adding servers or signing in and exactly ZERO of your servers (1 have two running) show up after you sign in...

Plex is temperamental regarding the video files, Emby works on those, but if I can't watch while I am at another place because of a damn loopback to "sign in"...

Absolutely maddening. 

Hi, did you try bypassing Emby Connect by entering your server address manually?

boywondr16

Yes, but because Connect didn't do what it should, I had to go digging for the address, etc, for my cloud one.  My home server won't be accessible this way, again, since Connect failed. 

On 5/22/2023 at 2:07 PM, boywondr16 said:

Yes, but because Connect didn't do what it should, I had to go digging for the address, etc, for my cloud one.  My home server won't be accessible this way, again, since Connect failed. 

How exactly did you setup Emby Connect?

boywondr16

How did I set it up? I've got two servers: one is a cloud server, the other is on my home server. I can access both via the Android App, but trying to get either one to show up, just pushes me back to the "add server" or "sign in to Emby Connect" page. 

boywondr16

Each server has a login setup for a user named "Troy" and the respective passwords. 

Doesn't change that accessing on the web puts everything back to the same screen each time. Right back to "Add Server" or "Connect to Emby Connect" and straight back to the login with email, etc. 

4 minutes ago, boywondr16 said:

Each server has a login setup for a user named "Troy" and the respective passwords. 

Doesn't change that accessing on the web puts everything back to the same screen each time. Right back to "Add Server" or "Connect to Emby Connect" and straight back to the login with email, etc. 

Did you enter the Emby Connect info for each user in Emby user management?

boywondr16

Why else would I be able to connect to them in the Android App? 

That's the stupid part of all of this: I can get in to that app, but I want to use my laptop to power movie watching, not stream them from my phone. 

5 minutes ago, boywondr16 said:

Why else would I be able to connect to them in the Android App? 

That's the stupid part of all of this: I can get in to that app, but I want to use my laptop to power movie watching, not stream them from my phone. 

You might have connected without using Emby Connect. Remember it's an optional feature.

Did you enter the Emby Connect info for each user in Emby user management as described in my link above?

20 hours ago, boywondr16 said:

Yes, and now it's giving me my desktop one but not the cloud server.

Did you go through the process with both servers?