shaefurr

shaefurr

7e1x.png ArtBot Version 1.61 (updated 10/21/13)

ArtBot is a simple way to add custom icons to MediaBrowser, It allows you to View, Download, and Install new Genre & Game Genre icons with ease.

** coming soon, GameBrowser icon packs, more genre packs, and more! **

1. Download ArtBot from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/deoikgbux75kmj3/ArtBot%20V1.61.rar

2. Extract the zip somewhere on your PC

3. Run ArtBot.exe

Let me know of any issues, Thanks

oecl.jpg

Changelog:

-added backup/restore feature for both the IBN genre and gamegenre folders

-added support for game genre icons

-started work on backup/restore of the ImagesByName folders

1.54 Beta

-added a GUI folder browser when changing the IBN folder location

-fixed a problem keeping unrar from extracting to non-default locations

-fixed issue with it not running properly as an admin

1.51 Beta

-Added unrar.exe and removed previous Winrar error

-Changed the default command shell

-Started adding preview icons

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 5

Logos302

Only found a couple of problems/requests. First can unrar.exe be included, if not then your goto error message should then probably goto end rather then just pause as rar is required component. Downloading doesn't appear to be working but as the pause doesn't seem to be working it just goes back to the main menu. And lastly which probably isn't a big deal but if you right click run as administrator when you have UAC turned on the program run in c:\windows\system32 and really doesn't work right.

*note a blurb about running this on the server for idiots like me should be included :(..

shaefurr

Only found a couple of problems/requests. First can unrar.exe be included, if not then your goto error message should then probably goto end rather then just pause as rar is required component. Downloading doesn't appear to be working but as the pause doesn't seem to be working it just goes back to the main menu. And lastly which probably isn't a big deal but if you right click run as administrator when you have UAC turned on the program run in c:\windows\system32 and really doesn't work right. *note a blurb about running this on the server for idiots like me should be included :(..

Yeah I dunno why I didnt have unrar.exe in there, added wget but never occured to me to add unrar :P 

Logos302

It downloads the Genre Icons and extracts them to the correct location for you.  Takes the guess work out of Genra Icons.  Makes it easier for those that are lazy too look up how to do it on there own :).  With the hopes that it will also make it more accessible to less technical savvy people.  

Logos302

Stilling have issues.  Ran wget by it self and I get the same result :(.  But I did find an error in an echo statement.  it has two E's.  Could it be where the files are?   

could it be the url is uses.  If I copy the link used in the script it goes to a different place.  

Edited by Logos302

shaefurr

Stilling have issues.  Ran wget by it self and I get the same result :(.  But I did find an error in an echo statement.  it has two E's.  Could it be where the files are?   

could it be the url is uses.  If I copy the link used in the script it goes to a different place.  

Fixed the typo but it didn't have to do with the download link, I'm looking into a fix for the downloads.

Shaefurr

A couple of questions for you

1. What is the structure of your rar/zip file?

2. Do you think we can make a few alterations so it only grabs the images that are required? (happy to make a dynamic php page that zips up requested images we could maybe get this working).

Have you considered a small autoit (or similar) gui that lists the collections available within your tool?

Good work mate anything that makes download and install of genre images easier is a great thing  well done.

shaefurr

The structure for the tool or the genre icons?

And what images are we talking about the previews or the icons in the zip. After I get downloads fixed I wasngoing to remove the icons that come with the tool to get it down to ~6mb.

And ya I want to rewrite the entire program in different language so it won't be text based. I just havnt decided on what to write it in yet.

Sent from droid razr m

I want to make the zips I have compliant with your tool was just wondering what structure the zip file had eg

Rock n Roll
                 folder.jpg
R&B
                 folder.jpg

etc

shaefurr

I want to make the zips I have compliant with your tool was just wondering what structure the zip file had eg

Rock n Roll
                 folder.jpg
R&B
                 folder.jpg

etc

ah ya you got it.

Zip > Action\folder.jpg
      Drama\folder.jpg
      Thriller\folder.png

shaefurr

Hey, this tool sounds great. Is there any chance of making it a plugin though?

There's actually a thread on it in the Plug-Ins section http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1156-genre-icons/

I'd love to have it as a plug-in, but with my limited skills this is the best I could come up with for now.

• Like 1

shaefurr

Putting this current version on hold while I try and rewrite the app in WPF

I take that back, 6 hours later and im ready to kill myself, ill stick to photoshop and batch files for now lol, resuming work, backup of the IBN folder works, just finishing the restore portion

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
crashkelly

Putting this current version on hold while I try and rewrite the app in WPF

I take that back, 6 hours later and im ready to kill myself, ill stick to photoshop and batch files for now lol, resuming work, backup of the IBN folder works, just finishing the restore portion

Always better to stick to what you are good at ... for instance, you are good at creating artwork for media browser and I am good at taking your artwork and using it in my media browser .... stick to what you are good at and I will stick to what I am good ...... win win if you ask me :D

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
shaefurr

Yeah probably, i'm just leaving this as is for now because I would have to update everyone elses .zips just to make them compatible.

If anyone feels like taking it over or working on it its fine with me, the bulk of the program is just the program.bat in the hidden "Main Files" folder. The rest is just some required support files and a few mini exes to pull folder paths.

Here's a link to the bulk of the code, though the wget/unrar/getfolder exe's and such will still be required with the way its currently coded.

http://justpaste.it/dmwc

Edited by shaefurr