Testing Emby-Theater on Raspi 4B - Poor playback performance

stratumorien

stratumorien

I installed a fresh image of Raspberry Pi OS, updated the image as well as the eeprom/firmware. I was not successful installing your prebuilt RPI image as it just sits at an orange screen with a blank black box (read and followed advice on the thread describing this already) so I installed the appropriate Linux arm64 deb file and followed the instruction to install. 

Emby loads but performance is not very good, to say the least... I have tried adjusting bitrate and force transcoding but this does not seem to affect performance.  Even the loading blue circle animation is choppy.

Load averages nears 2.8 and the CPU usage is >200% for the Emby-theater process. Is this because of overhead running the full Raspi OS? 

Any suggestions would be great as I was able to acquire two of these devices fairly cheap.

Brian

ffmpeg-transcode-cd7d9677-0f2c-45ef-84aa-f487aa09106a_1.txt embyserver (3).txt

acnp77

I have extensively tried/tested ET on a RPI400. I did not find any way to get a decent playback performance (not even for SD content). IMHO the RPI image should be marked as "work in progress". I appreciate the devs efforts, but as of today, ET on RPI is in no way usable in a production environment. Anyone is welcome to prove me wrong here.

Cheers

acnp77
17 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, we are looking into improving it. Thanks.

And this is very much appreciated. I look forward to this being ready one day, as it would be really great to have. I just wanted some clarity as of where we are today because many seem to try, without knowing that it is not quite ready yet. If you need some testing done, I would be happy to help anytime. Thanks a lot for everything :) Cheers

• Thanks 1

stratumorien
On 5/20/2023 at 3:06 PM, Luke said:

HI, we are looking into improving it. Thanks.

I would be happy to test as well.

• Thanks 1