Emby refresh metadata (date added filter not working)

Gaurav6271

Gaurav6271

Hi all

Hopefully something easy to solve (but hard for myself as I have tried a few things).

Problem: Everything is working fine with my setup except for metadata refresh and date added for movies

In detail: All the movies I loaded from a NAS migration (Synology to Asustor) have come across in Emby (a new setup on Asustor in docker). Metadata, images etc. all working fine. When I add a new movie through a Sab/Radarr pathway the new movie comes in and all its metadata is added fine. When I sort by release date  - no issues. When I sort by data added, its all random and does not show up based on the date added.

What have I checked: 

1. I have checked to confirm no NFO files with metadata exist in the /data/media/whatever movie folder structure.
  2. Checked file permissions
  3. Checked my older setup (still running on synology) and adding a random movie brings it to the top when filtering by data added. Same does not work on Asustor setup
  4. checked logs, besides standard moviedb connection errors nothing stands out

Thank you!

Hi there, did you check the date added values in the metadata editor for your titles?

Gaurav6271

Hi Luke,

Thanks for replying.

Yes I just checked this for a movie from 2022 that I just acquired and the metadata suggested a metadata date added as one from 2022.. Obviously Emby is doing the right thing from that perspective as I manually changed the date to the 7th of May 2023 and boom it brought it up to latest added.... So clearly no issues there but something in the overall NAS getting date or however Radarr/Sab set the date added field.

Did you follow the instructions in the hello text underneath the date added field?

Gaurav6271

I just clicked on date added: and clicked on a random date in May for testing... I am not sure where hello text instructions are located or what they are

Gaurav6271

As an example: I setup Emby a fortnight ago and got this file a week ago yet date added field is set as the 17th of December 2022 in Emby metadata edit field

/volume1/data/media/movies/insert movie title.mkv

Right but underneath the date added field it will tell you where the value comes from. Can you check those things?

Gaurav6271

Hi Luke

I see the following in Emby

image.png.2bea04a7d8d5c3acd74f4f8e56bff350.png

This is what is in the advanced settings

image.png.a7ddf77fb46671992990d67a7fa3962c.png

Thanks

Was that advanced option set prior to importing the video?

If so then the other thing to check will be the contents of the nfo created by radarr, before Emby server reads it and writes over it (if you’ve enabled nfo saving).

Gaurav6271

Thanks again for the response.

NFO saving is not enabled via Radarr. Advanced option was set to "use file creation date". I just changed it this morning to date scanned into the library. 

UPDATE SOLVED: I added a new file to get from Radarr that was from a few years ago and no issues it marked it as date added as today. So clearly the advanced option change helped resolve the issue.

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

___WhoAmI___

Hi @Luke

I have a bit of a pickle, I dont know how to solve. I sincerely hope you can help me. 

My emby was working perfectly fine until today, as my advanced library setting was, 

"Use date scanned into library"

All new content added to the server, would pop up under latest media items. Exactly as I want it! 

However one of my disks, had a problem, and I copied all my movies on that disk to another disk. 

The new HDD had another mount point than the orignal HDD, and most of the movies did not have nfo file in them, with dateadded tag.

Now my latest media category is polluted with really old stuff I dont want to see there. 

Doing a new library scan, after setting 

"Use file creation date

Will obvously not respect this setting for already scanned media into the library. 

Is there any easy way (batch?) to set an old date for all these files which by accident all is now in latest media?

I dont mind setting all relocated media files to an older date, for example 01/01-2018.

Thank you  

Edited by ___WhoAmI___

GrimReaper
15 minutes ago, ___WhoAmI___ said:

Is there any easy way (batch?) to set an old date for all these files which by accident all is now in latest media?

I dont mind setting all relocated media files to an older date, for example 01/01-2018.

Try Bulky plugin, IIRC you can set Date Added in bulk. 

Or html version of the same tool:

___WhoAmI___

Actually I found out Emby can do it. 

For anyone reading, 

Set the advanced setting to

"Use file creation date

Then in metadata manager, find the specific folder that is causing problems, and 

make a new scan, and replace all metadata.

No need to redownload images off course.

Then afterwards,  set the advanced setting to

"Use date scanned into library" for future additions. 

I think this will work. Currently awting the scan to finish. 

--------- Edit --------------- 

Well that didnt work :(

Edited by ___WhoAmI___

___WhoAmI___
6 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Try Bulky plugin, IIRC you can set Date Added in bulk. 

Seems really powefull. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Does the dll also support linux? 

Or it doesnt care about OS. 

Wow seems like a great must have tool really

GrimReaper
31 minutes ago, ___WhoAmI___ said:

Does the dll also support linux? 

Plugin should be platform-independent, yes. 

• Agree 1

___WhoAmI___

So anyone reading this, this is the solution which worked for me. 

Remove newly added path, which was giving me problems. 

set the advanced setting to date created. 

Readd librart and let it scan.

Then in advanced setting, set the option to date added to emby.

this solved this headache for me. 

• Thanks 1