VPN Required?

Zeke66

Zeke66

I just set up my live tv in Emby and while a bit cumbersome and sluggish, it is working. At least it was, for a day. I started getting playback errors pretty quickly, to the point where now after 24 hours every channel is locked out. I downloaded a separate player to test the service, same issue, EXCEPT when I turned on my VPN, then everything is good. 

So, assuming my ISP is blocking the IPTV functions I'm using within Emby, it would appear I now need to run it through a VPN forever. My question is, how do I do this? I did a little digging online but cant seem to find anything specifically related to this.

Hi.  I'm correct that these channels are only working in the other apps via the VPN because your ISP is actively blocking their access?

Zeke66
8 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  I'm correct that these channels are only working in the other apps via the VPN because your ISP is actively blocking their access?

It would appear that is the case yes. I am not sure as to the reason behind the block, as I have a separate IPTV service run through a MAG box that has not had any issues for years. 

However yes the channels initially worked but within 24 hours began showing this error. Upon testing the service using Smarters Player it was the same issue. The channels only became available again upon running a vpn while using the Smarters Player.