Library not updating for multiple users

DGMayor
Go to solution Solved by DGMayor,

DGMayor

Server Version 3.0.5031.21343

I have a user account set up for me (the main/admin account), and one for my son.  My son's account is limited to PG and under and to two specific collections (Kids Movies and Kids TV).  When I add movies to Kids Movies, they show up just fine for me (master account/default library), but they don't appear for him.  This past week I've added 4 rated G movies, and none have appeared for him, but all show fine for me.

I've done numerous manual scans but nothing helps.

Could it be that the collection names in my son's custom library are the same names as in the default library?  Could there be a conflict there?  It does appear to be a recent issue, though I've experienced similar issues in the past (which had been resolved).

CBers

I also have a 2nd MB3 account set up for my daughter, and she has the same collections in her library as I do.

I have set up Parental Control on her profile as GB-PG and it seems to work fine:

Capture738.JPG

I'm running a newer (dev) server version: v3.0.5039.41081

Disable the Parental Control on his profile and see if they show up.

Edited by CBers

• Solution
DGMayor

20121202-210149.jpg

Can I hide under a rock now?   I totally forgot that I had expanded the Kid's Movie collection to another drive in the default library, but forgot to do so for the custom one. 

Color me embarrassed.

• Like 1

DGMayor

are there steps to reproduce that are repeatable?

Every time I add something new that would fall into the scope of his collection, it doesn't appear.

Are the two accounts using the default library or does your son's account have their own?

He has a custom library that has two identical collections in location and name to collections in the overall library.

Edited by DGMayor

can we have more specific steps than that? e.g. step 1 i did this, step 2 i did that, then i checked X client and did not see what i expected.

He has a custom library that has two identical collections in location and name to collections in the overall library.

I bet this is the key.

Every time I add something new that would fall into the scope of his collection, it doesn't appear.

Given the location of this question, am I to infer it doesn't appear in the web client?  Does it appear in any client?