Cannot navigate at all

Mikoyan
Go to solution Solved by Mikoyan,

Mikoyan

Hello,

First off, thank you for creating Emby. I love my emby instance and it has helped me a great deal with organizing my library. Unfortunately, when it comes to iOS, specifically on my iPad, I cannot seek at all until the video has finished "streaming" to the point I wish to skip to. Usually this is not a huge problem if I do not skip at all, but when I do want to skip/resume playback, it fails and starts from the beginning. This really screws with my playback history and I finally had some time to come here and ask for help about it. Please let me know if you require more information for troubleshooting.

App Version 2.2.7

iPadOS 16.3

iPad Pro 5th Gen

• 2 weeks later...
Mikoyan

Thank you for the response. I will upload the logs soon, but to add some basic info beforehand, I was able to replicate the issue on a remote network, but playback seemed to be fine locally. Anytime I access my server from outside my home, this issue seems to occur, and only for parts of media that have not yet streamed/downloaded onto the device.

On 4/24/2023 at 9:59 AM, Mikoyan said:

Thank you for the response. I will upload the logs soon, but to add some basic info beforehand, I was able to replicate the issue on a remote network, but playback seemed to be fine locally. Anytime I access my server from outside my home, this issue seems to occur, and only for parts of media that have not yet streamed/downloaded onto the device.

@Mikoyan can we please look at an example? Thanks.

Mikoyan

Here is the log from the time it occurred. I played back a few things and tried to seek using the seek bar, tried to jump to a specific timestamp with chapters, neither worked. I don't think screenshots will help, but I can try to record it happening if that might help. If I had to describe it verbally, I would try to seek ahead by say, 5 minutes by dragging the seeker, but the seeker would just jump back to the initial position it was in and playback would continue. Clicking to jump to a specific chapter while in playback does the same thing, as well as using chapters outside of playback to quickly start playback at a specific timestamp (it just starts at beginning).

log.txt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/29/2023 at 5:05 PM, Mikoyan said:

No reverse proxy, Emby is hosting itself which is port forwarded from my firewall.

Can we look at a new playback log example? Thanks !

• 2 months later...
  • Solution
Mikoyan

Hi, sorry for the very late response. I've been away for a while.

I was troubleshooting on my own time and also setting up a proper rproxy instead and wanted to figure out the issue afterwards. I noticed this issue was present on my phone as well, and as it turns out, it was related to Cloudflare's caching policy which was causing issues with seeking (which based on logs from both emby and the rproxy are all requests of their own). After disabling query caching, the issue has resolved itself. Loading times are still a bit of a hit and miss but that's not relevant to the original issue of this thread.

Thank you for trying to troubleshoot the issue. I think it's good for now, will post again if needed.

• Thanks 1