Unable to play any media

jamesplay

jamesplay

Just installed XBMC Gotham, along with XBMB3C and using the Titan MediaBrowser (Gotham) skin

I am able to load my library fine however my media files don't seem to be able to play. The GUI states 'Unable to play media file, check the logs' or something along the lines.

Anyways, here's my log. It's kind of ambiguous though.

server-63549617705.txt

jamesplay

Whoops, sorry about that. It seems to be giving me an error 3 on opening files. Might it possibly be anything to do with path substitution?

I'm using the latest stable server release.

Here's the log

xbmc.log

xnappo

Either that, or a password problem.  It doesn't look you have have put anything in to the SMB password fields.  

Short-term, you can turn on 'Play from HTTP instead of SMB'.  Only problem with that is you won't be able to use .srt files for subs.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

Sorry for the hijack what is the "samba password" Is this the same password used by the server to access shares? So we need a server password access the server and a samba password( same password) to access the shares?

xnappo

Yes - that is right.  Samba password is your network share username/password - maybe, but not necessarily the same as your MB3 server username/password.

xnappo

breezytm

I am also having issues with xbmc3c addon. I can browse but can't play anything on my fire tv. However, I can both browse and play in windows. Does that also have something to do with samba credentials not being provided? Keep in mind that I have the same exact config on both setup. 

Sorry I can't provide any logs at this moment since I am currently away from home. 

xnappo

I am also having issues with xbmc3c addon. I can browse but can't play anything on my fire tv. However, I can both browse and play in windows. Does that also have something to do with samba credentials not being provided? Keep in mind that I have the same exact config on both setup. 

Sorry I can't provide any logs at this moment since I am currently away from home. 

Probably, would need logs.

You can prove it by turning on 'Play from HTTP instead of SMB' in the settings.  Only harm with that is it will not be able to use '.srt' files for subs.  There is a spot for samba username/password in the settings.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

breezytm

I did turn that on yesterday. Prior to doing so, I read the MBS log and it was giving some weird errors regarding the info it was sending to the socket an it appeared to be going over the wan. I know android has a bug when it comes to communication with client over the lan so i enabled http and the theme started playing but still the video returned a playback failed error message. Since it was late I left it alone. 

Just to be clear. For playback error messages you only need the xbmc log, correct?

breezytm

@@xnappo you are the man dude. Samba creds seems to have taken care of the issue. 

I think it works in my other setup without the credential because I have browsed the path in the past and provided the password to windows. 

• Like 1

xnappo

Cool - glad you got it working.  Yeah - in Windows it usually just remembers the password.

• Like 1