synch broken after switching to "native paths"

zenkichi08
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

zenkichi08

hi

i have had lots of problems with certain files not playing when using addon default (http) playback. So i set up NFS shares on my QNAP factory resetted the kodi database and reinitialized the addon via native paths. Now all videos play without problems....

....BUT: i have no synch anymore :( neither FROM the emby server (i.e. watched/unwatched/progress states) nor TO the emby server (say if i watched a video on kodi). the weirdest thing is that it does show some shows/movies as in progress but that's from ages ago.

synch works just fine with "addon default" though

this is running on a CCGTV with Kodi 20.1 and emby for kodi v8. Server is running emby 4.8.0.25 (not .26!) and kodi companion plugin is installed

i have tried manually updating the libraries and reseted the whole database multiple times... always the same result: synch is not working (or rather showing complete garbage in terms of in progress/watched/unwatched states)

any help would be much appreciated as this is driving me nuts 

Hi, please attach the kodi and Emby server logs from when the problem occurred. Thanks.

zenkichi08

sorry my assessment turned out wrong:

actually it DOES sync , and the "in progress" list is correct after all. it is just the watched/unwatched states that do not work (not in native nor in default mode --resetted multiple times again just for testing)

could it be that 4.8.0.25 suffers from the same problem as .26 with kodi (i.e. unwatched watched states that multiple users have reported)? Because i did it all in one go (updating emby server, updating emby for kodi AND switching to native paths) that's why i figured the problem was with the native paths when it might have actually been the server update (?)

(and i thought id be the smart guy and only update to .25 to avoid the problem :D)

p.s. i cannot edit my original post otherwise i would amend the error report

Edited by zenkichi08

57 minutes ago, zenkichi08 said:

sorry my assessment turned out wrong:

actually it DOES sync , and the "in progress" list is correct after all. it is just the watched/unwatched states that do not work (not in native nor in default mode --resetted multiple times again just for testing)

could it be that 4.8.0.25 suffers from the same problem as .26 with kodi (i.e. unwatched watched states that multiple users have reported)? Because i did it all in one go (updating emby server, updating emby for kodi AND switching to native paths) that's why i figured the problem was with the native paths when it might have actually been the server update (?)

(and i thought id be the smart guy and only update to .25 to avoid the problem :D)

p.s. i cannot edit my original post otherwise i would amend the error report

Hi, regarding the states, the addon requires a compatibility update for the beta server. Thanks.

zenkichi08

thank you for your replies @Luke

so what would be my best course of action here?

downgrade emby for kodi (currently i am already on the latest 8.0.4)?

downgrade emby server (currently 4.8.025)?

• Solution

Due to the scope of changes, downgrading emby server is not safe unless it is a fresh install. I would just wait for the updated addon, which should be available soon. Thanks.

• Thanks 1