books In PDF format not able to download since update

bigbart

The books function associated with pdf's seems to be broken now. When I select a PDF book or magazine the app displays a black screen then after a few minutes it crashes. I'm not sure what has changed since the past few updates. I thought might be a  problem was with calibre with recent updates but I removed the books plug in from media browser and removed the library also. then moved the books for a new folder with calibre and reinstalled the plug in and added the new library and the issue happens exactly the same way. the pdf display fine on the web browesr client but I cant download them from there so I'm assuming it must be the android app. Also Does the Books function work in the Ipad Client?

Thank

JIm 

Redshirt

It's the servers fault for becoming more secure :) I've fixed the client to provide the proper authentication. The update will be out in a few days.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Redshirt,

Just updated to the latest client versions on android phone and android tablet... When trying to load an epub book MB crashes.  Any ideas?  I am the latest beta release for MB3 server.  All clients are up to date.

Tried testing on an iPad as well but when it didn't work I found the forum thread that said books are supported on iPad yet.

I have one more android phone to test on.

Thanks!

Draz

Redshirt

It's my fault. The update didn't go out. I got side tracked adding MB Connect support to Android. I've just published it, so it should be visible in a few hours.

• Like 1

Redshirt

I just re-tested this and it's downloading fine with the latest public release. I need to see the client log if it's still crashing for you.

Just to be clear. Epubs work but PDF cause crashes crash on my phone and my tablet. I'll get you a copy of my Clint log when I return back to the States next week

• 2 weeks later...