Client issue Connecting to server when Live TV function on server

Hi I'm experiencing a issue when Emby apps / remote end of the spectrum connect to my server taking for ever to populate the home screen or anything in general. This only started happening when I added Live TV back to my server. The Guide is populated and no transcoding is active which I could understand that causing this issue but it is not the case. I have to open and close the apps "Samsung, LG, IOS, Webrowser apps" several times and eventually if loads and no issue. Server side is a Synology NAS... Like I mentioned this only happens when Live tv is set up and this is effecting even Library populating. If I remove live tv the server runs normal. Has anyone else had a issue with this or how to correct it? I can produce a log if required just don't know which one would be required.

Thanks.

WallLicker

Here are some screen shots of at which point its causing the client to hang. It will hang up to 10mins at times.

Capture 1.JPG

Capture1.JPG

WallLicker
1 minute ago, WallLicker said:

@LukeSynology has not released the update publicly yet to my knowledge. Is there a back door way of doing it?

As you can see in my screen shot no option for updates yet.image.png.60647060ba9e339ebf0f7e97d07716a7.png

WallLicker

@LukeI upgraded to 4.7.11 and not really any change still stutters is glitchy launching / rendering the client ends. I tried also clearing the NAS and fresh installation of everything which was running fine again until the IPTV was set up then it started again.

• 2 weeks later...
WallLicker
On 4/10/2023 at 12:37 PM, Luke said:

@WallLickerare you still having an issue with this?

@Lukeyes I am. 

it’s horrible as it eventually does load everything up but I can’t pin point why or see anything obvious in the logs. 

• 2 weeks later...
WallLicker

Just an update where I'm at with this issue.

I have removed IPTV from my NAS server and installed a second server on my Laptop. Laptop runs the iptv fine and my nas server runs fine when I remove the M3U, XMLTV from it. So my issue is something related to the NAS and IPTV. I'm out of Ideas on why the two are not playing nicely.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 9:06 AM, WallLicker said:

@LukeI upgraded to 4.7.11 and not really any change still stutters is glitchy launching / rendering the client ends. I tried also clearing the NAS and fresh installation of everything which was running fine again until the IPTV was set up then it started again.

If you've been doing fresh installs, you could always try that again with the 4.8 beta package and see how that compares.

• 4 months later...
WallLicker

@Luke

Fresh installations and latest and or Beta updates do not make a difference. I have narrowed it down to what is causing the issue and a temporary solution. Which I hope you can shed more light on why this is working and a possible permit solution.

It seems to be guide related "XMLTV plugin" when it populates the guide "extracting from a M3U link" Please note this is during and when the population of the guide is completed... it then will cause massive delay for all for the clients to connect and pull data from the server. I can resolve the issue temporarily by Vacuuming Emby. This works until the next time the guide auto refreshes. 

How would I go about creating a permit solution to this?

Edited by WallLicker

On 9/22/2023 at 3:04 PM, WallLicker said:

@Luke

Fresh installations and latest and or Beta updates do not make a difference. I have narrowed it down to what is causing the issue and a temporary solution. Which I hope you can shed more light on why this is working and a possible permit solution.

It seems to be guide related "XMLTV plugin" when it populates the guide "extracting from a M3U link" Please note this is during and when the population of the guide is completed... it then will cause massive delay for all for the clients to connect and pull data from the server. I can resolve the issue temporarily by Vacuuming Emby. This works until the next time the guide auto refreshes. 

How would I go about creating a permit solution to this?

HI, can you please attach a server log example of this?

Thanks.