Copying to second QNAP NAS

njf

I now have my QNAP NAS set up how I want. I have, in a few instances, amended metadata manually for things the various databases didn't recognise or recognised incorrectly.

I am now setting up another NAS in a remote location for inlaws where I want it to have identical settings. I do not want to give it remote access to my NAS. I have copied all the media folders to the new NAS but I would like to know if there is a way to copy the settings and metadata etc from the first NAS to the second. I have not changed the default setting for artwork etc to go in the media folders.

Are there some folders/files I could just copy from the first to the second NAS which would make it an identical copy of the first? The folder structure in the new NAS is the same as the first.

EDIT: I have also manually created quite a few Collections and I would also like to copy over the Collection data, if possible.

EDIT 2: Will the Server Configuration Backup Plugin help with this? I have Premiere.

TIA

Edited by njf

Happy2Play

Sounds like you need to copy your entire Emby programdata folder.  Also may/will have to verify permissions copying from a to b.

Only issue is if paths cache per install you will have issues and a purge/reimport will happen causing all custom metadata/images to be lost as they are linked in the database to what is being purged.

One reason it is better to save nfo/images with media as this cannot be lost.

6 hours ago, njf said:

EDIT 2: Will the Server Configuration Backup Plugin help with this? I have Premiere.

Currently the plugin is only configs and user/userdata.

• 3 weeks later...