Emby App on Qnap App Center

sawachika

sawachika

Hi,

I've got a Synology DS918+ running Emby for some time and  I'm very satisfied with both, Emby and the DSM OS.

However, Synologys path to only officially support their very own SSDs, making the plan of getting an All-Flash NAS (not for peformance, I'm just sick of the clicking noise of the HDDs) and especially since the DS923+ is equipped with a Ryzen R1600 without an internal GPU, which I fear could be troublesome for transcoding, I am now looking at a QNAP TS-464.

I already have a TS-453D for backup, so I tried to install Emby on that system to see if a switch to "All-Qnap" would be an option for me.

While I can download Emby from Synology's Package Center, there is no such option for the Qnap.
I have to download a QPKG and disable signing for the QTS system to install / run it. This is really bothering me, since it seems that I have to keep signing off to keep Emby alive over the time.

No finally I get the to question :D

Since I've seen that I can download a lot of other 3rd party apps from the Qnap App Center, including PLEX,
I'm wondering about the reason why the Emby package is not available on the Qnap App Center?

Thanks for anyone who could enlighten me :o

Hi, yes it is our goal to be listed in QNAP App Center, and we will keep trying to do that. In the meantime we have the downloadable package that you can install from our website.