REMOVE SPECIALS MONIKER

psycoticinsane

psycoticinsane

I do not like the "specials" setup in emby. I prefer to have season 0, and then name accodringly. How do i remove completely the specials moniker. I want emby to show the "specials"  in the seasons tab as season 0 with absolutely no mention of the word specials, especially at the beginning of the episode names. I want it to show up as just the title like all other normal seasons, i really do not want to have to rename all the episodes to something like season 50 to get around this issue or have to go through and edit every episodes metadata to remove that forced "specials" tag, which didnt even work with the way emby handles specials

First Pic attempts to show what im trying to describe in what i dont want to see, and

second pic shows normal season info with episode number and title. 

Simply put, i want "specials" to show as season 0 WITHOUT THE WORD SPECIALS in the episode titles. I can address episode names on an as needed basis

16787378680791429996378490279075.jpg

16787380836138015379672079482683.jpg

GrimReaper

That would likely create a lot of confusion when opted-in for Displaying specials within season they are aired in, as how would you discern between those and regular episodes? You'd likely end up with visually incorrect sequence/episode numbers, though in reality they'd be correct. Maybe if it were only applied to Specials season, but not within regular seasons. 

psycoticinsane
26 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

That would likely create a lot of confusion when opted-in for Displaying specials within season they are aired in, as how would you discern between those and regular episodes? You'd likely end up with visually incorrect sequence/episode numbers, though in reality they'd be correct. Maybe if it were only applied to Specials season, but not within regular seasons. 

I have the include specials in season they aired in, turned off, partly for this reason. I like to keep all non season episodes seperate from actual aired episodes. I keep them all in a season 0 folder, and name then accordingly, yet emby always adds "special -" before each episode and then adds the metadata from tvdb and messes everything up because i have things that arent in tvdb and arent actual episodes, so episode numbering never matches and emby changing all the metadata info causes the episodes to not have correct names or info based on imdb.  

It seems i will just have to go through my 1000+ tv series and change any season 0 folder to something like season 50 or season 100, basically a failsafe so i wont have to redo again in the future, never seen a series with 50/100 seasons, besides things like WWE or SNL. And then rename each episode to that same season number. And have them appear at the end of seasosns instead of before season 1

There should be an option to completely turn off or disregard specials entirely. 

Edited by psycoticinsane

There is currently no way to do this other than just not making it a special, but yes, options to control this are certainly possible.

Not_Left_Blank

I am new to emby so this might be wrong but so far my experience with specials is that if you are adding your own no matter whose media server product you are using it is better to add them above the normal limit of special for that series. I normally add my own that are not on TVDB or TMDB etc as s0e1000 and above. This doesn't remove the specials as the episode prefix but does stop the scrappers from messing up your metadata.

Edited by Not_Left_Blank
spelling

Happy2Play

Yes as everything in Season 0 is considered a special along with all these at Show or Season level, extended support coming in 4.8 along with episode level support also.

• extras
  • specials
  • shorts
  • scenes
  • featurettes
  • behind the scenes
  • deleted scenes
  • interviews