Unable to import M3U music playlist

rumzieee

rumzieee

Hello, I have not been able to get Emby to recognize the M3U music playlist that I copied to AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\playlists.

I've copied it to the root of the playlists folder and also tried putting it under its own folder. Neither have resulted in this M3U playlist showing up within Emby. I also tried with/without relative paths.

I even created a new library and pointed it to a folder containing the M3U playlist file, which resulted in no tracks showing.

Creating/editing playlists within the Emby UI works fine (which generates a XML file in the playlists folder), I just have not been able to import the M3U file that I generated using MusicBee.

MBSki

Where are your music library song located? You'll need to move it to a directory within the music library and make sure the relative paths are correctly defined.

Right, the files you link to in your m3u playlists need to already be part of an existing Emby library that you've added to your server. In other words, you can't use playlists to import arbitrary content.

• 3 weeks later...
rumzieee

I have Emby installed on my boot drive (C) and music on my hard drive (H). All songs included in the exported M3U playlist do exist in my main library.

I made some progress by making a playlist named "Christmas" to show up in the library after pasting the playlist file in a new folder.

However, no songs are showing for this new playlist. I made sure to export using relative paths. and spot checked that the file paths were correct:

Emby created playlist song path: H:\Music\Finished\In Utero (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab) - Nirvana\1-01 Serve the Servants.flac

Exported playlist song path: H:\Music\Finished\In Utero (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab) - Nirvana\1-01 Serve the Servants.flac

The song in the path above shows up in the Emby created playlist, while the exported playlist remains empty.

To further troubleshoot, I then added the above track to the Christmas playlist using Emby UI. This resulted in a new playlist.xml file containing that single song. 

Am I missing anything?

15 hours ago, rumzieee said:

I have Emby installed on my boot drive (C) and music on my hard drive (H). All songs included in the exported M3U playlist do exist in my main library.

I made some progress by making a playlist named "Christmas" to show up in the library after pasting the playlist file in a new folder.

However, no songs are showing for this new playlist. I made sure to export using relative paths. and spot checked that the file paths were correct:

Emby created playlist song path: H:\Music\Finished\In Utero (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab) - Nirvana\1-01 Serve the Servants.flac

Exported playlist song path: H:\Music\Finished\In Utero (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab) - Nirvana\1-01 Serve the Servants.flac

The song in the path above shows up in the Emby created playlist, while the exported playlist remains empty.

To further troubleshoot, I then added the above track to the Christmas playlist using Emby UI. This resulted in a new playlist.xml file containing that single song. 

Am I missing anything?

HI, try running a library scan after editing the xml.

rumzieee

I do a library scan every time I make changes to either file.

Changes to the XML file are recognized, but Emby does not seem to recognize the M3U file or any changes made to it.

OK in the upcoming 4.8 server release playlists are going to be m3u only so I think this will behave better once that is released.