EMBY NEXT UP AND CONTINUED WATCHING DISAPPEARED FOR THE ADMIN USER

ryzen5000

ryzen5000

I am without any idea how to correct this issue, I have been an Emby user for almost a year now and I noticed that on Roku, Emby theater and web browser all at once the continued watching and next up has stopped displaying on the screen. I have not changed any settings knowingly that would interfere with them. They are selected in the settings to be displayed. One user account still has them but mine and my fathers account they are gone. I even tried deleting the admin account and making a new one and it still hasn't corrected this problem. I don't know where to look next or what to try, please if anyone has experienced this same issue and resolved it then I would hear your responses.

Thanks. 

problem.jpg

Edited by ryzen5000

GrimReaper
7 hours ago, ryzen5000 said:

I noticed that on Roku, Emby theater and web browser all at once the continued watching and next up has stopped displaying on the screen.

Is there supposed to be any content displayed in CW/NU row - meaning you haven't watched all episodes/movies that were there before? If you load hosted Web app (app.emby.media), do you see the same? Care to share a screenshot of your user Home Screen section settings? 

ryzen5000

Yes, there is supposed to be content displayed, there were remaining episodes. I am not signed up for Emby Connect, I just use a reverse proxy to view it remotely in hotels and on my fire tablet when I'm away from home. I decided to go with a fresh install and that seems to have fixed it, CW/NU are now displaying once again. I had to delete my entire appdata folder and reinstall all my plugins. I did this because all the settings were correct and it still wasn't working properly, the theme movies plugin wasn't playing theme movies anymore either. Now its all working and theme music. I am not sure about this but maybe it was database corruption. Now I am just dealing with getting all the plugins to work correctly. Top picks I had to restart the Emby several times before it appeared. There is still alot of images missing although it has been scanning all night and I have a rather large library 38TB/89TB used. There is disk Blu-ray images on some of the movies which I don't prefer. and some of them are just a small picture of a scene. But its not done scanning cus all the disks are on and have been all night so I am waiting to see the final results. It is working much faster with a fresh install. 

problem2.jpg

• Thanks 1

visproduction

I've notice that if you pick poster images will either not show up or take a long time to appear if you choose from MovieDB or Open Movie dbase sources in the pick a poster image pop-up.  I am guessing that large poster images are downloaded and stored locally and these smaller dbase images are pulled on demand if the image is not in the browser cache.  As a result, I avoid picking these smaller res posters and always use at least 1000 x 1480 px size posters.  I have the home page set to 80 latest movies per library, so I have about 320 posters and all visible posters show immediately.  If you are remote and scroll right to reveal more recent media up to 80 per row.  These posters show up in a few seconds.  I am guessing thatyou chose posters from the dbase sources and that is causing your problem.

Hope that helps.

On 3/11/2023 at 11:07 PM, ryzen5000 said:

I even tried deleting the admin account and making a new one

Hi.  That would eliminate any next up or continue watching for that user as they are brand new...

ryzen5000
On 3/12/2023 at 9:42 AM, visproduction said:

I've notice that if you pick poster images will either not show up or take a long time to appear if you choose from MovieDB or Open Movie dbase sources in the pick a poster image pop-up.  I am guessing that large poster images are downloaded and stored locally and these smaller dbase images are pulled on demand if the image is not in the browser cache.  As a result, I avoid picking these smaller res posters and always use at least 1000 x 1480 px size posters.  I have the home page set to 80 latest movies per library, so I have about 320 posters and all visible posters show immediately.  If you are remote and scroll right to reveal more recent media up to 80 per row.  These posters show up in a few seconds.  I am guessing thatyou chose posters from the dbase sources and that is causing your problem.

Hope that helps.

How do you set the homepage to display 80 latest movies per library? Where is that setting?

Edited by ryzen5000

ryzen5000

Yes it answered my question but now I am wanting to know how to change the amount of latest movies displayed per library. To increase the number.

Happy2Play
17 minutes ago, ryzen5000 said:

Yes it answered my question but now I am wanting to know how to change the amount of latest movies displayed per library. To increase the number.

There are no options to change this, and think it actually varies per client.

I change it in the web client code but obviously that is the only client it affects.

homesections.js change Limit:16 restart Emby 

Note this changes all Latest rows as there is no separation by type.

• Thanks 1