Newest Firefox update no sound

Dreacon

Has anyone else had an issue with the newest firefox update? After the update I am no longer able to hear sound even when using direct method through media browser, although I still get sound from streaming sites like hulu. It works fine in chrome still.

Media Info
Video
CodecH264
ProfileHigh
Level40
Resolution1280x720
Aspect ratio16:9
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.97602
Bitrate843 kbps
Audio
Languageeng
CodecAAC
Layoutstereo
Bitrate89 kbps
Sample rate48000 khz
DefaultYes
Containermp4
Path\\192.168.0.180\Movies\Lethal Weapon (1987)\Lethal Weapon.mp4

Some more info if it might help. After some more research I have found that sound works fine for MKV files through my firefox, just not mp4.

it's low but should be playable. it looks like  Firefox issue to me. In one of this logs FF was direct streaming the mp4 with no transcoding happening at all. At that point MBS isn't really involved so you can't really point the finger there. the media info looks fine for direct stream so i don't think it's an issue where we're direct streaming when we shouldn't be.

Solved. It appears that after the firefox update firefox started using the hdmi audio connection to a tv I have connected to the system, totally ignoring windows default audio device settings. Don't know what caused it to switch to that but I just disabled that audio device in my pc to fix it for now.

• Like 1

Actually disabling the device didn't work either. I did solve it by disabling windows default mp4 in media foundation using codec tweak tool though. Works fine now.

well that's something new. it looks like firefox is now relying on system codecs as opposed to handling it internally. i don't think they were doing that up until now. i guess in theory that could make it easier to broaden support, at the expense of situations like this where things don't work,