User Images

GreatFlashMan

GreatFlashMan

Where are these stored?

I just moved emby to a new PC, and copied the entire Roaming/Emby-Server directory across. Everything is there and it was a simple matter to do, but....

The users custom image are gone? Are they (oddly) stored somewhere else?

Hi, what I would suggest is to not cherry pick what you want to migrate over, because pretty soon that's not going to work anymore. Just migrate the whole thing.

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, GreatFlashMan said:

entire Roaming/Emby-Server directory across

If you copied the entire folder, then the image is there as it is stored in programdata\config\users\userid folder.  Nothing is stored outside of Roaming/Emby-Server unless you have configured custom paths.

GreatFlashMan
12 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

If you copied the entire folder, then the image is there as it is stored in programdata\config\users\userid folder.  Nothing is stored outside of Roaming/Emby-Server unless you have configured custom paths.

They may be there, but emby does not show them on the user select. They appear as the top-left "image holder". IE. It's not showing "no image", but rather indicating that images are there but it cannot show them. 

Clicking I on a user and modifying the image also does not show existing image. 

I just set the images again if course. But was curious why they did not appear as I copied everything across. 

GreatFlashMan
15 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what I would suggest is to not cherry pick what you want to migrate over, because pretty soon that's not going to work anymore. Just migrate the whole thing.

That's what I did. The entire appdata folder. 

Happy2Play

@Lukethis make since now as the users.db does not have tokenized path so moving the folder will notmaintain the image.

image.png.f0a3843b8135e3fbfc8e568268aa8f5e.png

GreatFlashMan
33 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@Lukethis make since now as the users.db does not have tokenized path so moving the folder will notmaintain the image.

image.png.f0a3843b8135e3fbfc8e568268aa8f5e.png

That explains it then, thanks.