Can't select audio stream in WMC on DVD rips

Mhystique

Mhystique

Hi, hoping someone on first forum can help me.

I'm have installed both the MB server and the MBC on my HTPC. And generelly it's working great, but now I stubbled over a problem, I can't figure out. I have ripped some dvd's to the normal folder layout - you know audio_ts and video_ts. I have only ripped the mail movie, but with both English and Danish audio and subtitles. The problem is when I play the movie through WMC and MBC in Win8.1, I only get the English audio and subtitles, and I can't change to at least the Danish audio, or even remove the subtitles.

I can't remember this was a problem in MB2, but I'm not sure. What can I have done wrong, and how do I correct it?

Regards

Mhystique

Edited by Mhystique

The only interface that exists natively in WMC to switch audio streams (or subtitles) is the DVD menu structure which you removed from your rips.

In formats such as mkv, there are tools you can install that will allow you to switch audio and subtitle streams but I'm not sure they would work with video_ts structures as well.  Someone else may know for sure.

If you are using LAV, turn on the tray icon in the audio settings and then, while playing something, bring up its menu and see if it gives you the option to switch streams.

Mhystique

I don't have LAV I think, as I don't know it. Is it a codex pack or what?

I think I can convert the ripped movies to MKV, if that makes it better or easier. Which tools should I when install to handle this? It should be something that can be done from inside WMC without mouse, so LAV and the tray icon is not really a option, if it not can be done from the interface.

I think MediaControl is your only option.  I don't use it so can't offer much help setting it up but there are others around who do.  It will also require ffdshow.