Problems adding M3U – no channels showing up

Raiden

Raiden

Hoping for some help 🙃

I'm new to this, and figured I would give emby a try. I have bought premier to be able to add my IPTV provider. So far, so good! I managed to set up the server on my Nvidia Shield and add the movies from my HDD connected to Nvidia Shield in emby. My problem is IPTV. I add the m3u link I received from my IPTV to Live TV and the link adds fine, I dont get any error messages. But no channels show up. What am I doing wrong? The IPTV itself works, I use it with Smarters Player for instance (signing in with portal url, username and password).

Skjermbilde 2023-03-06 kl. 21.24.45.png

Hello Raiden,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Raiden

Yes, it has tons of channels in different categories. Here is a screenshot from Smarters Player Live TV with the same provider.

It also has VOD movies and series.

Skjermbilde 2023-03-06 kl. 21.34.47.png

Raiden

I have never used the link before, usually I use the portal URL, username and password to log in. Is there a way to add that instead in emby?

Raiden

I guess there is no good way to add the m3u file you receive from an IPTV provider in emby. A shame, because it seems really good.

I guess I have to go with something like TiviMate that is tailored for easy of adding IPTV.

5 minutes ago, Raiden said:

I guess there is no good way to add the m3u file you receive from an IPTV provider in emby. A shame, because it seems really good.

I guess I have to go with something like TiviMate that is tailored for easy of adding IPTV.

Emby Server fully supports importing Live TV M3U. Did you look at the contents of your m3u link?

Raiden

When I log in with Xtream Codes information they gave me (in addition to the M3U Login Link) in Smarters Player for instance, I get all the channels, VOD and movies. I guess it is the M3U Login Link that is the problem here. And I understand you dont support Xtream Codes login?

Raiden

WHen I press the link it starts downlading a m3u file that just keeps downloading again and again as soon as it finishes.

4 minutes ago, Raiden said:

WHen I press the link it starts downlading a m3u file that just keeps downloading again and again as soon as it finishes.

14 minutes ago, Raiden said:

When I log in with Xtream Codes information they gave me (in addition to the M3U Login Link) in Smarters Player for instance, I get all the channels, VOD and movies. I guess it is the M3U Login Link that is the problem here. And I understand you dont support Xtream Codes login?

Correct. Plain m3u only.