(404) Error in log file

oldschool
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Do you have a whole tree of photos underneath the Mickey Mouse Club Season 3 folder?

For one thing, your library contains photos but you don't have the MBClassic Photo support plug-in installed.

But, you also cannot mix photos in with TV.

And this only happens when you get down to the season level?

Can you make one more log and note the exact time on the machine (to the second) when you land on the page that freezes up?  Then wait at least one minute, then grab the log and post it.  Thanks.

oldschool

Right - it only happens when I get down to the lowest level of the season - the listing of the episodes inside of the season.

For this log, I hit that page exactly at 10:21:00. I zipped it up at 10:22:30.

oldschool

It looks like this problem only affects those folders that have videos and TV series mixed inside of them. I have other TV series underneath the TV Shows root folder that show the episodes just fine. I confirmed with another TV series structured the same way that it has the same problem (0|49 on this one).

You have something other than episodes in a TV season folder?  or something other than Seasons in a Series folder?

• Solution

Putting a series under a boxset has never been officially supported. It may have worked in the past but you were relying on undocumented behavior.

• Like 1

oldschool

I read that before. It helps me to keep all the kids stuff in the same place.

Can this be part of a feature request? I'm not sure how much work it would take to make the change. If I could, I would manually change the upper-level folder to a Collection or folder, but I can't make manual adjustments to what MB3 says each folder is designated as. Therefore, I have to rely on what MB3 believes the folder structure should look like, and it's guessing wrong.

It's not like I'm having seasons mixed in with videos. I have the videos in the same folder with the series top level folder. It may seem unorthodox, but it makes sense to group these all under the same folder umbrella.

Okay, but the bottom line is that is the source of the problem so we can stop hunting for it.

Please go into the web client and edit one of those Mickey Mouse sub-folders and note what it says the display type is.  Then go into one of the seasons below that and tell me what the display type of that is.  Finally, check the episodes.  Thanks.

Also, just so you know - we are purposely more rigid in our structure requirements with MB3 because doing that provides us better performance and better functionality.

oldschool

I tried manually changing it, and it allowed me to make the change and save it in the past, but I'm not sure if it actually changed the metadata.

Here's the heirarchy:

default: UserRootFolder

Video: CollectionFolder

TV Shows: Folder

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: BoxSet

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (2006): Folder

Season 3: Series

*** It probably should be Season instead of Series.***

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse S03E01: Video

*** Again, this should probably be listed as Episode, but MB3 is confused about the folder structure.***

I have another collection where at this level it is listed as Series - some list it as Folder, others list it as Series, but both types are giving me the 0|XX error. Here's the other one that causes a lockup. This folder structure was detected differently, but still reacts the same. It might be because the very lowest level it is detecting the episodes as Videos instead of Episode.

default: UserRootFolder

Video: CollectionFolder

TV Shows: Folder

Jake and the Never Land Pirates: BoxSet

Jake and the Never Land Pirates (2011): Series

Season 1: Season

Jake and the Never Land Pirates S01E01: Video

Edited by oldschool

Yep.  Okay, that confirms it.  The structure is the problem as we are not interpreting anything in there as the proper thing.

Changing the display type will not affect this as that is just used for display purposes for some components.  It doesn't change the underlying actual entities.

oldschool

OK. I'm hoping you'll support it. Otherwise it will be two different folders for MMC, which might be confusing for the wife approval factor.

• 2 weeks later...
oldschool

I just checked and the updates are amazing - thank you guys for your incredible work! Chocolate now works correctly and reads the Boxset with a nested TV Series, and displays all the items. The 0|24 problem is now history. Thank you all!!