(404) Error in log file

oldschool
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

oldschool

I'm getting (404) errors in my log file. I think they're being generated when I browse to a TV series using MBC. The error I get is when I get to the list of episodes in my TV series, it shows 0|27 (or how ever many episodes are in that season) and then dumps a whole bunch of these 404 errors to the log file. I have to close MBC/WMC because it's locked and I can't even navigate out of that folder. That makes MBC completely useless because I can't play any of the shows.

I'm not using any firewalls or anything with this setup. It's all internal network.

When I put one of the 404 URLs that is shown inside the log file into a browser, I see an error message in the browser. I've attached a screenshot of that as well.

I'm using MB3 Version 3.0.5029.36830

MBC Version 3.0.72.0 B9-20.1

I'm not sure because you only posted a tiny piece of the MBC log.  The errors you posted are benign and have nothing to do with the issue you are seeing.

Can you select anything with the mouse when you get the "0|27" thing?  Have you tried a different theme?

oldschool

I can't select anything because nothing is highlighted. I can't go back to a higher level. The window gets stuck.

I tried it again this morning, and the images look like they showed up, but again, I can't navigate (within the folder or up to a higher level), and it's still showing me 0|27.

52613e24f2c3a_Lockup.png

Yeah, this might be a Chocolate issue, because it doesn't happen in the default theme.

This is actually the second Chocolate issue I've run into. Should I create a new post in a different section on this website?

oldschool

I don't know if any of this has to do with my problem, but it looks like MB3 is detecting these folders not as TV series (Display Type: Series) but rather as (Display Type: Folder). Inside the series, the Series folders are being treated as a Display Type: Series instead of a Display Type: Season.

It doesn't look like changing the Display Type does anything to the metadata choices I have to choose from in the webUI.  Could this be part of the problem? Is there a way to force the metadata to change the display type? I also see that no metadata is coming across/downloaded once a file is inserted into the series, and it was asking for themoviedb ID's instead of theTVDB IDs.

5261407e0456b_Seriesproblem.png

The way I have things structured right now might be tripping it up though? I don't know. I have all Mickey Mouse videos (TV Shows and Movies) under one folder. In that folder I have movies as well as the TV show series. Would that cause a problem? It makes it convenient for me to group all the movies that are the same as the TV series into one larger folder.

Edited by oldschool

oldschool

Awesome, thanks!

Is it possible to force the display type? I think if MB3 can't detect it or figure it out, it would cause you guys a little less of a headache to let us figure it out for MB3. If it's not something that can be changed and cause the correct functionality, then you might want to consider just having it read-only and not editable inside the webUI.

Did you try using the mouse to select something when you had the 0|24 problem?  There are some situations where focus is simply nowhere but, once you move the mouse over an item, it starts working.  I just want to narrow down if it is this or something else.

oldschool

Yeah - I moved the mouse around.

When I go into the series, everything is locked at that point. I can click the WMC button, the audio buttons, and the TV listing button, and those all work. I can't click the configuration button at the top right (Chocolate) - it doesn't respond. The back arrow at the upper-left doesn't work as well.

oldschool

After about 15 minutes or so, I hit the back button a few times, and it eventually "released" and went back to the home page. Nothing showed up in the log. The log file is from 2:15, and it released its lock around 2:30, so nothing showed up in the log when it finally released. That's the latest log from MBC.

http://pastebin.com/Ycurk5BG

oldschool

Attached is the zipped log file as well.

Edit - for some reason, it's not allowing me to attach a file, and the Try our basic uploader link isn't working.

Edited by oldschool

Sorry, some of the forum features are not working properly since everything got blown away and restored from backup earlier today. It may be late tonight (EDT) before we get it all put back together.

Yes that's your problem. Changing display type does not change the type of the item. When this type of issue occurs it's almost always due to the folder structure not matching the conventions in the wiki.

In this case it sounds like you've got movies and tv series underneath a box set? This is not something we support. It may have worked in the past but it was undocumented behavior that you were relying on. I'll see if i can remove the restriction for the next server release, but there was a reason why it was put in place, and if that can't all be accounted for then it will have to wait for a future release.

There is no way to force the type - that would essentially be hacking and would cause other problems elsewhere. What you need is for us to officially support boxsets with series.

oldschool

No - I don't have any photos in there. It's just Movies (Videos) and then the series.

I'm not sure where the photos are located. I'm using Media Center Master to help me organize my files. I'll copy a file into a staging folder, and then MCM will move it to the correct folder. It has been having a problem lately of downloading the correct metadata for the TV series, but it has been good at putting the TV episode in the right folder.

I have a completely separate folder just for my photos. My top level folders are Photos and Videos. Inside the Videos folder, I have Movies, TV Shows, Home Video, and Extras (theater demos, intros, and intermission videos, things like that).  So the photos are well separated from all videos.