1080p WMV HD files only play thru MB Classic and not thru App, Browser or Xbox One

Evil E

server-63549149432.zipFor some reason after the last update these files no longer play. I can send the request directly from the file in windows explorer by right clicking on it and clicking send to a DLNA device and it works. If I use the web browser or the app and request it to cast to a device or my Xbox one it does not work. It only has this issue with files that are 1080p HD WMV (WMV3). I can play WMV3 files but only if they are 720p. The 1080p ones are the ones which wont play. I even tried to use the Xbox One media player and I can see my movies but once again when I try to play A WMV HD file that is 1080p, then the Xbox gave me a message stating that

" the file format  may be unsupported , the file extension may be incorrect, or the file may be corrupted".  The file is fine and does play to the xbox one and other devices using other programs but just wont work when I use the media server for casting. It worked before but for some reason after the recent updates it stopped playing those files. I also cannot play the files thru the browser or app on Android but I can cast to pcs running Media Browser classic and it works fine. Everything use to work until the last updates. Please Help!

Edited by Evil E

Update: I have uninstalled the server and did a complete reinstall and the file still causes the screen to go black and just hang there on the Xbox One but it did resolve the issue with the browser and app.

Update 2: I am still having the issue where WMV files don't play on the Xbox One. These files do play thru the app and Browser but not the Console unless its another format like Mp4.

Edited by Evil E

• 1 month later...

Update 3: I fixed it!. I had to modify the Xbox One profile by clicking on the DLNA tab then selecting profiles. Next I clicked on the Xbox one. Afterwards I clicked on Transcoding and codecs. I added the codecs and everything played.

Update 3: I fixed it!. I had to modify the Xbox One profile by clicking on the DLNA tab then selecting profiles. Next I clicked on the Xbox one. Afterwards I clicked on Transcoding and codecs. I added the codecs and everything played.

what did you add?

I added WMV3 and WMAPRO. The files will play by selecting the Xbox one thru the cast option thru the browser or app but will not play thru media player app on the console itself. Maybe I need to add the codecs somewhere else so that it may function?