Film Playlist

Film Playlist

I removed a playlist from my provider (unrelated to the stations you see below), the next thing I know, I can't update my EPG. Despite everything still being mapped, I can't get my channel information restored. All that hard work. I even replaced a backup of my old TVxml file. I'm using a Linux seedbox (Ubuntu 20.04) with my Roku. I sent the logs through my Roku. I don't know if  you guys need me to send my logs from my seedbox; but I can't on this public forum, as the logs contain my IP address as well as my seedbox DNS.

20230225_162427.thumb.jpg.e83cdf753c44b0c2e7d60f48ec748204.jpg

Edited by Film Playlist

Film Playlist
10 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  This is not isolated to the Roku, right?

Possibly related?

I'm not sure to be honest. I would assume if I can't get Emby to grab EPG updates, it would be universal problem. It's very frustrating, to painstakingly map almost every channel, then to experience this problem. This has happened to me before, I ignored it because I first thought I did something to mess it up. Now I see it's an actual bug. Guides are very important; without them I'm forced to use an online TV guide, and then search for my channel. That's a lot more unnecessary work for users. Please ask the developers to look into this? Thank you.

Film Playlist

@ebr Now when I try to edit a channel, it appears I'm waiting indefinitely. So, there is a problem with the channels/guide This also could be the reason I couldn't use the voice feature, on the Roku version of Emby.

channel.png.80564285db39a57ba11f19ab6519d563.png

40 minutes ago, Film Playlist said:

@ebr Now when I try to edit a channel, it appears I'm waiting indefinitely. So, there is a problem with the channels/guide This also could be the reason I couldn't use the voice feature, on the Roku version of Emby.

channel.png.80564285db39a57ba11f19ab6519d563.png

Hi there, let's look at an example:

Thanks.

Film Playlist
10 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, let's look at an example:

Thanks.

I can't be the only one experiencing this. I don't understand why a vital functionality has been broken for so long. And then people think I'm crazy for complaining.

ffmpeg-transcode-75f59ff4-4185-4d5a-a80d-1461881350f6_1.txt embyserver.txt

How many guide data sources have you configured? Are you using the Emby Guide Data source that you added?

Film Playlist
39 minutes ago, Luke said:

How many guide data sources have you configured? Are you using the Emby Guide Data source that you added?

When I manually map, I primarily use Emby Guide Data USA-NY55899-F, but on occasion, I think i've also used Emby Guide Data USA-OTA10456 for some channels I can't find. I also think you guys have an automated processing for external EPG that's in XMLtv, which looks like it only maps local television (non-premium). But, those are gone now too. I get zero guide information for any channel.

The only thing I did was remove a 24/7 list feed (directly from my provider) I realize I no longer needed. All of a sudden, all my work gone up in smoke, and there's no way to restore them.

What I would suggest is to to back into your emby guide data entries and reconfigure them. One of them is throwing an error for some reason.

Film Playlist
On 3/3/2023 at 8:37 PM, Luke said:

What I would suggest is to to back into your emby guide data entries and reconfigure them. One of them is throwing an error for some reason.

No, I'm not gonna do that. I give up. I've been dealing with this IPTV issue for far too long. Why should I go back and painstakingly do everything over, when the xml file I backed up and replace didn't work? That's not a solution! If I can't reliably back up files and expect tings to function again, Do all of this because you say, some file some where gave an error? Emby is not worth using for IPTV. Also, it's really disappointing that as long as Emby been around, this issue exist.

Edited by Film Playlist

2 hours ago, Film Playlist said:

No, I'm not gonna do that. I give up. I've been dealing with this IPTV issue for far too long. Why should I go back and painstakingly do everything over, when the xml file I backed up and replace didn't work? That's not a solution! If I can't reliably back up files and expect tings to function again, Do all of this because you say, some file some where gave an error? Emby is not worth using for IPTV. Also, it's really disappointing that as long as Emby been around, this issue exist.

Hi, I believe all you need to do is go back into the Emby guide data entries and click save. You might just have to pick a different guide data lineup if Gracenote has changed something. Nothing too involved.

Film Playlist
58 minutes ago, Luke said:

@Film Playlist has this helped? We're happy to help you resolve this.

No, as I've explained in the screenshot, I could not configure anything. it stayed frozen. I ended up restoring emby on my seedbox. Again, the backup I made (you told me to do) was a waste of time. it did not do anything. None of Emby's EPG plugin mapped any channels. The only one that worked was XMLTV, which was pointing to my provider's guides.  The only thing that WAS NOT automatically mapped was the premium channels, such as HBO & Starz. I'm not gonna remap anything anymore. This is a hassle, and I'm thoroughly disappointment and frustrated with the  Emby application..

Edited by Film Playlist