Local Trailer Plugin

georgewill76

georgewill76

Hi

I am currently running MediaBrowser Server Version 3.0.5390.25829 with Local Trailers Plugin Version 1.0.5389.12439 and having a problem with it.  When I try to manually run the plugin to search for new local trailers for my movie collection it only seems to run for 1 sec then says complete.  Before I upgraded both server and plugin to latest version if I manually run the plugin I could see the percentage counter moving from 0% to 100% as it was searching through my movies to find local trailers.  Now it seems nothing is happening.

• Like 1

georgewill76

Hi

Was just wondering if there is a problem with the latest version of Local Trailers plugin (1.0.5389.12439) because when I try to manually download local trailers nothing happens.  If I install a previous version of the plugin then everything works.

georgewill76

HI

Just wanted to follow up if there was any update to problem with trailer plugin.  I haven't been able to attach a log file yet as I am currently rebuilding my server due to a hard drive problem but should be able to provide log later tonight.

Edited by georgewill76

georgewill76

Hi there

I have re-built my server from scratch and still having the same problems.  I am running server version  3.0.5395.0 with trailers plugin 1.0.5389.12439.  I have attached my log files, which are from a clean restart, running the scan media library then running the download local trailers schedule.  When I run the download local trailers nothing happens.

server-63548617091.txt

server-63548631848.txt

georgewill76

HI

Just wanted to check if anyone has had a chance to look at this.  I uninstalled the new version of local trailers and installed a previous version and I was able to download trailers.  However, the minute I go back to the new version it stops working.  Is there anyway of installing an old version of a plugin and stop it from automatically updating?

the downloading works just fine however it currently depends on the trailer channel plugin. i realize this is really bad usability because there's no way for you to know that, so the plugins may have to merge again.

there's a positive and a negative to this. i'm sure you're going to point out the negatives, but the positives are significantly more accurate matching than we ever had before because we're able to match up against imdb id's instead of just title names. Since this is coming from the core team it makes sense to leverage mechanisms we've already built. if someone else wants to build an independent version in a different way they are more than welcome to do that.

AlmasKabir

My Local Trailer plugin has not been working for the last few days. Every time I click the Run button on the Advanced->Scheduled Tasks tab, it runs and ends in a flash and says "Last ran a minute ago, taking 0 seconds."

It was working fine until a few days back.

Please help!

AlmasKabir

I do not have Trailer plugin installed, only the Local Trailer plugin is there. As I said earlier, it used to work fine, but now the latest upgrade does not work. When I click the Start button, it runs for a second and finishes (stops).

Should I install a previous version? Which version??

Thanks.

AlmasKabir

the downloading works just fine however it currently depends on the trailer channel plugin. i realize this is really bad usability because there's no way for you to know that, so the plugins may have to merge again.

there's a positive and a negative to this. i'm sure you're going to point out the negatives, but the positives are significantly more accurate matching than we ever had before because we're able to match up against imdb id's instead of just title names. Since this is coming from the core team it makes sense to leverage mechanisms we've already built. if someone else wants to build an independent version in a different way they are more than welcome to do that.

So, does this mean I need to install the Trailer plugin as well as the Local Trailer plugin together?

So, does this mean I need to install the Trailer plugin as well as the Local Trailer plugin together?

Yes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
dark_slayer

Yes.

Would it be possible to get this information outside the forum and directly in the catalog instead?

As it is, does the Local Trailers plugin do anything on it's own? It has no options to configure

well you will get the info once i have a chance to deprecate the local trailer plugin and merge it with the trailer channel plugin.

it has no options because there is currently nothing to configure