Show Status

TXK57

Would we be able to add onto the statuses in Emby?

I would like to see the ability to have airing, returning, cancelled, and ended.

Edited by TKX57
added tags
  • Like 3

Happy2Play

Believe there are only two statuses Continuing and Ended.

But where are you wanting these statuses?

Happy2Play

True as the information is already gotten from provider.  Continuing/Returning Series are equal.  

"status": "Canceled",

TVDB Upcoming/TMDB In Production

Gotham Knights

"status": "In Production",         TMDB

"status": {
        "id": 3,
        "name": "Upcoming",          TVDB
        "recordType": "series",
        "keepUpdated": true
    }

• Like 1

GrimReaper
33 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Continuing/Returning Series are equal.

True, but that could be weighed against episode number/air dates, i.e. if current season is completed or not, hence Airing or Returning. 

Yep, so plex meta manager currently scrapes these other statuses from the moviedb so you can label shows. This gives a great heads up if a show is cancelled or coming back. I like the Iconic Image Enhancer plugin and could be expanded with these other statuses. This could also be in the main info when you select a show.

Wynonna Earp 2.png

Yellowstone 2.png

Young Justice 2.png

Young Sheldon 2.png

Could be something that would be an option for under the show instead of year. Then when you click into the show have the year like you have it

image.png.493bcf9110b1f083104519259d3d2f8f.png

Could also add as Young Sheldon - Airing for those that don't want the icon displayed. I think this is a huge win for shows.

image.png.a416d5a7a3e6e2e67aa6f548ae2535d3.png

• 7 months later...
On 9/28/2023 at 6:46 PM, TXK57 said:

Any further discussion on adding the show statuses?

I don't have a problem with making the data available for plugins but right now I think I like the way we currently present it. 

For example:

2014-Present or 2014-2017

If it is not continuing, do most people care about the reason it ended? It's nice to have the info somewhere so that you can find out, but if we start putting it everywhere it seems more like clutter to me.

• Agree 1

Iconic could potentially be expanded for this but in your examples, other than the "X" possibly meaning canceled, I've got no idea what those other icons mean...

• Agree 1

GrimReaper
32 minutes ago, ebr said:

but in your examples, other than the "X" possibly meaning canceled, I've got no idea what those other icons mean...

My guess would be Ended, Returning, Cancelled, Airing in that order. 

• Like 1

I apologize, I should have been clearer about that above. Airing, Returning, Cancelled, Ended.

image.png.60f6d0b75e8ce0cc561c4eafef0382d2.pngimage.png.9ec1b6088f450d87a93a8ade42559400.png

Edited by TXK57

19 hours ago, Luke said:

I don't have a problem with making the data available for plugins but right now I think I like the way we currently present it. 

For example:

2014-Present or 2014-2017

If it is not continuing, do most people care about the reason it ended? It's nice to have the info somewhere so that you can find out, but if we start putting it everywhere it seems more like clutter to me.

It would be nice to have it have it as an option at least. It's nice to get the in your face heads up when a show has been cancelled or if it is returning.

Yea I think it's fine as an option. I don't think we'd show it like that by default though. Is that a standard option in Plex or did that require some trickery?

Just now, Luke said:

Yea I think it's fine as an option. I don't think we'd show it like that by default though. Is that a standard option in Plex or did that require some trickery?

Plex Meta Manager https://metamanager.wiki/en/latest/

These guys have made some amazing scripts that run through and automatically do a lot with collections and naming. It would be fantastic to have some of these capabilities in Emby.

2 minutes ago, TXK57 said:

Plex Meta Manager https://metamanager.wiki/en/latest/

These guys have made some amazing scripts that run through and automatically do a lot with collections and naming. It would be fantastic to have some of these capabilities in Emby.

So what did that do, burn that banner into your show poster?

OK I was going to say that if you are pre-processing your image files then there's no reason you couldn't do that with your images that Emby is using.

1 minute ago, Luke said:

So what did that do, burn that banner into your show poster?

Correct, it takes the info and burns it into the picture and re-adds it based on how you lay out. Thanks for bringing this up, if they hooked in with API this could be done today because they already look at TMDB to pull this info. I might look at seeing what I can do to link this into Emby's API. I think there hasn't been a big push to add Emby because of the sort options in collections.

Does it have to hook into the api? Is that what they do with plex?

Because if you have images directly in your media folders then it should be able to work with those, no?

19 hours ago, Luke said:

Does it have to hook into the api? Is that what they do with plex?

Because if you have images directly in your media folders then it should be able to work with those, no?

Yes, it currently does everything with Plex via API. Does Emby continually refresh the local images?

2 hours ago, Luke said:

If the images change then that will get picked up on the next library scan.

Good to know, thank you

• Thanks 1