Collections from Smart Playlist Plugin

LongMan
Go to solution Solved by quickmic,

LongMan

Are the collections created with the Smart Playlist server plugin synced to Kodi? If there are synced, are synced as tags or movieset? If they are not, could they be?

Cheers,

LongMan

quickmic
On 2/14/2023 at 4:36 PM, LongMan said:

Are the collections created with the Smart Playlist server plugin synced to Kodi? If there are synced, are synced as tags or movieset? If they are not, could they be?

Cheers,

LongMan

Not synced, but they should be available via dynamic nodes -> playlists.

quickmic
1 hour ago, LongMan said:

OK. Just checking because I noticed that they were synced in the old e4k but not in EmbyNG.

Playlists never been synced, was always dynamic. The content of a playlist can be synced yes, but not the playlist.

Just checking, did you mixed it with Kodi's smart playlists (xps)? This is available as an option for next gen but has nothing to do with the server plugin.

Edited by quickmic

LongMan

The Smart Playlist 2.0 plugin allows you to create a playlist or a collection. When I create a collection, it is synced to Kodi by the Emby for Kodi 4.1.21 and MediaImport. I noticed that they are not synced in EmbyNextGen. It seems that you are syncing the official movie sets as the published in theatres and not just collections from Emby. Would you consider syncing these other collections as tags so that they can be recreated with kodi smart playlists. If you can it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
LongMan

• Solution
quickmic
22 minutes ago, LongMan said:

The Smart Playlist 2.0 plugin allows you to create a playlist or a collection. When I create a collection, it is synced to Kodi by the Emby for Kodi 4.1.21 and MediaImport. I noticed that they are not synced in EmbyNextGen. It seems that you are syncing the official movie sets as the published in theatres and not just collections from Emby. Would you consider syncing these other collections as tags so that they can be recreated with kodi smart playlists. If you can it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
LongMan

I cannot follow. playlists are available under dynamic nodes but they are not synced... Never been by any version/any tool, cause Kodi has no playlists in the database.

Collections or Boxsets are synced no matter what/how the created on Emby server.

The third option are Tags (on Emby server) and also they are supported/synced by next gen.

btw, boxset/collections are sync is not automatically initiated after init sync. Never been by any version it was/is always a manual process.

Do I miss something?

Edited by quickmic

LongMan

The Smart Playlist 2.0 creates both playlists and collections. I am speaking of collections not playlists.

btw, boxset/collections are sync is not automatically initiated after init sync. Never been by any version it was/is always a manual process.

I did not realize this is the case with EmbyNextGen, it isn't the case with Emby for Kodi or MediaImport. For those it is automatic. I didn't do a manual sync and the created collections are there. But you are right after running the Manual sync, the collections appear in Kodi.

A small suggestion, could you add the boxset sync as the last item of the update process. Syncing is really fast, i doubt it would add much delay.

Thanks for the pointer.
Cheers
LongMan

quickmic
5 hours ago, LongMan said:

The Smart Playlist 2.0 creates both playlists and collections. I am speaking of collections not playlists.

I did not realize this is the case with EmbyNextGen, it isn't the case with Emby for Kodi or MediaImport. For those it is automatic. I didn't do a manual sync and the created collections are there. But you are right after running the Manual sync, the collections appear in Kodi.

A small suggestion, could you add the boxset sync as the last item of the update process. Syncing is really fast, i doubt it would add much delay.

Thanks for the pointer.
Cheers
LongMan

Probably on startup sync, but unfortunately for realtime sync I haven't found a solution. Emby server doesn't report those changes and trigger a "wild guess" sync is counter productive.

Maybe it just takes a few seconds for you, but keep in mind this must scale up. I'm not wasting (e.g. in my case) 10-15 seconds on every realtime update.

LongMan

I humbly ask that if you can, could you add it as an optional feature. My wife and a few of her friends that we share our library with will not dig into the addon section of Kodi and further into the NextGen's settings to carry out a manual refresh. To them, the extra 15s is well worth it.

Cheers,
LongMan