Live TV and VPN

timwagg

Hi All - has anyone managed to set up a VPN with Emby which ensures a protected connection when using IPTV services but still allows for remote connections? I can't seem to figure out how to do both and I don't want to whitelist the Emby app as it'll mean my IPTV service won't be protected as required.

Cheers

• 2 months later...
Zeke66

Hey @Luke

I checked out the associated post, and the user talks about how he adjusted his settings on his VPN to get his IPTV service working, but doesn't explain how he actually made that work with Emby operating through a VPN. My understanding is that if Emby is run through a VPN then remote access wont work as Emby isn't accessing the right IP address anymore. 

Is there something I'm missing? My IPTV wont work in Emby, but will work in other players, but only with a VPN running. This suggests i need to run a VPN in Emby for live tv, but I don't know how to implement that 1) In general, and 2) Without breaking my current remote connection setup.

2 hours ago, Zeke66 said:

Hey @Luke

I checked out the associated post, and the user talks about how he adjusted his settings on his VPN to get his IPTV service working, but doesn't explain how he actually made that work with Emby operating through a VPN. My understanding is that if Emby is run through a VPN then remote access wont work as Emby isn't accessing the right IP address anymore. 

Is there something I'm missing? My IPTV wont work in Emby, but will work in other players, but only with a VPN running. This suggests i need to run a VPN in Emby for live tv, but I don't know how to implement that 1) In general, and 2) Without breaking my current remote connection setup.

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!