Playback Stops After Padding When Playing During Recording

EdouardP

EdouardP

I am having difficulty in playing back certain OTA programs from the beginning while they are still recording. I have 1 minute padding before the program begins. Emby will play the padding segment, then stop; it will not continue with the full program. Once the program records, I am able to play it from the start (including padding) with no problem. I am also using the HDHomeRun app to record the same programs in parallel, also with 1 minute padding. I am able to play programs back successfully from the beginning with HD HomeRun while they record, so it does not appear to be a tuner issue.

For reference, I have the following setup:
Tuner                     SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex 4K, recording in ATSC 1.0
Processor             Intel(R) Celeron(R) N5105 @ 2.00GHz   2.00 GHz
Installed RAM     16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

Windows 11 Pro
System type        64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display
Edition                 Windows 11 Pro
Version                22H2
Installed on        ‎2/‎5/‎2023
OS build              22621.1194
Experience         Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0
Recordings:       D:\HomeRun
Movies:              D:\Movies
Transcoding:     D:\Transcoding
Cache:               D:\Cache

Playback           Amazon FireTV Stick; also occurs with Emby serve on Windows

The problem appears to occur with our local ABC affiliate station. Looking at the logs, I see reference to "Packet corrupt". I don't know if this is the issue or not. I have tried recording off the local PBS station, and do not see corrupt packets in the log. I have included logs for the following dates/times of viewing "ABC World News Tonight", which starts at 6:30 pm local time. I also tried a PBS broadcast this morning as a comparison test, and I was able to play back while recording was in progress.

2/12/2023   6:34:46pm     Start "ABC World News Tonight"; played padding then stopped
2/12/2023   6:35:53pm     Terminated viewing "ABC World News Tonight"

2/12/2023   7:04:56pm     Start "ABC World News Tonight"; played padding then full program
2/12/2023   7:13:28pm     Terminated viewing of "ABC World News Tonight" early

2/13/2023    9:03:24am    Start "One Detroit"; played padding then full program; stopped playback early

Any help you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

2023-02-12 End World News Tonight - Played Successfully After Recording Ended.docx 2023-02-12 End World News Tonight - Played Padding Then Stopped.docx 2023-02-13 End Viewing One Detroit.docx

EdouardP

Please see the attached files in .txt format from the original post.

I would like to add an additional comment (discovery?). We record the 1-hour long weekday news at noon on ABC, and usually play it back around 12:30 pm (i.e., halfway through). I have noticed previous playbacks have had the closed captions on by default, and the playback stopped after the padding before the program. For some reason during today's playback, the closed captions were not turned on and the program played the padding and then the full broadcast. I did not (intentionally) make any changes to the CC setting, and don't know if this is a coincidence or indication of cause and effect. I am new to Emby, and still trying to adjust all the settings. With great power comes great responsibility.

Thanks for your assistance.

2023-02-13 End Viewing One Detroit.txt 2023-02-12 End World News Tonight - Played Padding Then Stopped.txt 2023-02-12 End World News Tonight - Played Successfully After Recording Ended.txt

• 2 weeks later...