Hi,

What I loved most on MB classic, was the easy option to categorize movies by simply using folder structures into collections. 

This feature seem to be available in the new MB server and MB Theater. 

This is what I did. I made two main folders for movies on a disk with subfolders which contain the actual movie, like this:

Movies

|----> Trainspotting

|----> Trainspotting.mkv

Movies for Children

|----> The lion King

|----> The Lion king.mkv

In MB server, in the Media Library, I added two media folders "Movies" and "Movies for Children" and added the corresponding folders in to them. The both get the type 'Movies'.

The I start MB Theater, I see the the 'Movies' category, and when I select it I see both movies. So far so good. 

But, in MB Theater I want to see a 'Movies' and a 'Movies for Children' category. So in MB server, I select 'Browse media' where I have the option to edit 'My views'.

In My views I unselect 'Movies' and 'movies for children' and click ok. Then I return to the homepage of MB server, And I see the two new categories. If I open them, I see the correct movies:

'Trainspotting ' in Movies, 'The Lion King' in Movies for children. So far so good. 

The I start MB Theater. In MB Theater, I als see the two new Categories 'Movies' And 'Movies for Children'. I select 'Movies' and I see Trainspotting. Good!

Then I Click 'Movies for children' and I see... Trainspotting too??? And where is 'The Lion King'?

Can't find The Lion King....

Is there somebody else who ha experienced this problem?

If so, is this a bug? Or did I do something wrong?

BATTLE DONKEY

You will want to go into the webui, then click the user icon in the upper right corner and under user preferences there is a setting for my views. Uncheck all that you do not want mixing together, in your case it would be movies and movies for kids

Thanks for your responce. 

I dis what you suggested, the two categories where already unchecked for the user. Saved it anyway to be sure, strted MB Theater with the smae user, but no result; still see two categories (movies and Movies for Children) with the same movie in them (Trainspotting) and the other nowhere to be found (The lion King).

Anymore suggestions?

I am having the same issue. One of my favorite features in MBC and I am really missing it !!

I can't keep any of them separate. TV shows look to be fine.

MBT should already support this. where exactly are you seeing the combined content? a screenshot would be great. thanks.

Kids Movies and Regular Movies nicely separated into their own groupings in Media Player Classic in WMC.

Would really love to have this in Media Browser Theater. 

My version of windows 8 I have for my HTPC is non pro. So I would have to pay $130 just to get media center running on it. Not worth it.

I realize there is a folders feature in MBT, but this is really subpar to what was in MBC. 

MBT should already support this. where exactly are you seeing the combined content? a screenshot would be great. thanks.

544b16a2d2409_KidsMovies.jpg544b16b3a5027_Movies.jpg

well these are pictures of MBC so still, I don't know what's going on.

Why don't we have this option on MBT??? No ability to add categories. That is what is being asked.

Or maybe

How to we create more then one category for movies etc..in MBT Without using the folder feature, which is really bad.

This is not something you handle at the client level in MBT. you handle this on the server using your user preferences and then you get a consistent presentation on all your apps. MBC is the exception here because it's older and harder for us to change.

So back to my original response - this should already be supported but it sounds like there's a bug in MBT and that's why i'm asking for specific examples/screenshots. Thanks.

Yea. In the web client, click the user icon in the top right -> preferences.

And then make sure to read the blog about new features, and/or take the tour of the web client when it presents it to you because you get a demonstration of all of this :)

Are the stand along client versions or the windows 8.1 app ever going to have the same functionality as the web client?

I purchased the windows 8 app. 

i believe the 8.1 app supports the same organizational structure, but as for other features, it's best to post in the section of the forum for that app.

i believe the 8.1 app supports the same organizational structure, but as for other features, it's best to post in the section of the forum for that app.

Yes thanks, The original(and still same) inquiry was about having these features in Media Browser Theater. I do believe this is the correct forum.

Beardyname

@@kdavies

I'm gonna post a series of images that should hopefully explain this to you.

1. Go to your profile settings in the web editor, and find this section :

VDcYlU5.png

and uncheck the media folder for every "view" you want to split.

2. (optional) Change the sorting order for your views/folders/whatever (same page further down)

KGODsVz.png

3. Start MBT and enjoy

uTAS4xx.png

Edited by Beardyname
  • Like 1

Latchmor

Nice one Beardy. Also just a quick note to the OP, if you have folders that are 'Mixed Movies & TV' then they won't show up Like above. I'm guessing your Kids Movies will be the 'Movies' type so should be fine.

Please see the link below to a video to clearly show what is wrong in Media Browser Theater. There is no audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exhO8ucEZjE

I open Media Browser through the windows 8.1 app. Categories are there and work, Grouped movies(Comic book movies) are there and work.

I open Media Browser stand alone app. ALL categories show the SAME movie collection. no movies are grouped together. 

• 5 months later...
Deathsquirrel

If you are running the current build of Emby Theater it will show the same structure as the web UI, whatever you've configured that to be.

• Like 1

kdavies

If you are running the current build of Emby Theater it will show the same structure as the web UI, whatever you've configured that to be.

Thanks, I will check it out.