How To Prioritize Embedded Metadata (Particularly For Music)

NajSinger
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

NajSinger

For me, music is my primary concern when it comes to having a media server setup. I previously used Plex and for a while, after PAINSTAKINGLY going through my over 11k music collection, and correcting all metadata it worked. However, in the last dew months, PLEX has decided to completely ignore all the work I put into organizing my music (Artist/Album/Track/Track Number & Filename). So now I'm thinking of switching to Emby. How do I prioritize Emby to pull metadata from my personally added, embedded info in the file over say, a public source like MusicBrainz. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello NajSinger,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

• Solution

Hi, there is nothing you need to do for this because this is default behavior. The only thing you should probably be aware of is that Emby Server does not use file names to determine song title or song number. It gets that information from the embedded metadata within the file. It only uses the file name if there is no embedded title.

• Like 1

NajSinger

Hi Luke, I tried to reply directly to you, but couldn't figure out how to do so, but thank you so much for answering my question. Really appreciate it!

• Thanks 1